• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Xmas do - Friday 10 December, London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Man down!

My 20 year old has caught covid. Confirmed this morning. He's been feeling flu'y for a day or two. Lateral flow positive and went for a test and he's got it. So have two of his mates so we know where it's come from.

Both me and Mrs are clear but with the new rules coming in about members isolating with someone in the household testing positive we are going to have to pass I am afraid. Absolutely gutted. Sorry
    Any excuse!

EDIT: now is a good time to seriously consider changing the locks next time he goes out so he finds somewhere else to live
    Last edited by ladymuck; 10 December 2021, 15:41.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Man down!

My 20 year old has caught covid. Confirmed this morning. He's been feeling flu'y for a day or two. Lateral flow positive and went for a test and he's got it. So have two of his mates so we know where it's come from.

Both me and Mrs are clear but with the new rules coming in about members isolating with someone in the household testing positive we are going to have to pass I am afraid. Absolutely gutted. Sorry
    Oh bugger, sorry to hear that - hope you’re all OK

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    On my way to That London, aka The Big Smoke

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    I'm a no show i'm afraid. Suspected stroke earlier. (Thankfully wasn't a stroke - hemiplegic migraine - presents itself like a stroke) - still had to go through motions though and am not fighting fit.
    oh sad to hear! get well soon.

NLUK - you lightweight! - seriously hope it stays mild symptoms for your son!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Man down!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Doesn't make much difference in my case

Anonymity will of course be respected, though as ladymuck pointed out, you kind of blew that one already

And I always forget people's real names within about five seconds anyway…
    I'm all good people knowing who I am ... I'm much the same in real life as I am on here. Which may be a good or bad thing As LM says, most on here now who I am already

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Doesn't matter either way, whatever you want to be known as. As you're famous off the telly, we all know who you are anyway
    Please, just treat me as one of you tonight .... don't go all star struck on me, and no autographs

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Not been to one of these meets before ... do you use real names or stick to forum names? I answer to both already in the real world so I'm good either way.
    Doesn't make much difference in my case

Anonymity will of course be respected, though as ladymuck pointed out, you kind of blew that one already

And I always forget people's real names within about five seconds anyway…

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

I'm glad to see that Whorty and Vetran are coming because sadly me and the Mrs can no longer attend. We've been invited to the Magic Circle for a show and I can do drinks another time.
    If it's that magic, they should be able to teleport you back and forth between the two venues

See you next time!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    I'm a no show i'm afraid. Suspected stroke earlier. (Thankfully wasn't a stroke - hemiplegic migraine - presents itself like a stroke) - still had to go through motions though and am not fighting fit.
    Sorry to hear that. Hope you're OK, and see you next year

Leave a comment:

Working...
X