• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Which umbrella company?"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Oh, and as a final note, I'm 99.99% confident that no-one on this forum has used the ones on your list.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    As you mentioned nursing I will add this here:

Tax avoidance promoters targeting returning NHS workers

If you are an NHS worker - stick to Fairpay Services, Adam is on the forum and he will happily answer any questions you might have.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Choosing an umbrella will take some effort to prevent you from getting into trouble with HMRC. And just going with the umbrella that gives you the most take home pay is a horrible way to choose an umbrella.

See here why

I advise that you do your own due diligence on any umbrella company that agents put in front of you.

This thread explains how to do it.

For example:

Smart Cash - has no contact address on it's website and does not give you a calculator to enter your day rate to show how much you will get paid.

Also the company was dormant until last year, as can be shown in the company filing here: SMART-CASH UMBRELLA LIMITED - Filing history (free information from Companies House) (company-information.service.gov.uk).

This PAYE Calculator shows you how much PAYE you will pay on your salary.

I am locking this thread as it is clear that you do not know what you must look out for.

Go and read the stickered threads above this post- look up the three companies you have listed and then come back if you have any further questions.

(If you want recommendations regarding umbrellas, read the threads on the first page of this forum - people have made recommendations there.)

Leave a comment:

• riafaye
    started a topic Which umbrella company?

Which umbrella company?

I am joining Swiis Nursing agency and have been asked to choose from 3 umbrella companies.

1. Smart Cash
    2. Plus Pay
    3. People Group

It looks like People group is the most take home. Anyone had experiences with any of them?

Working...
X