• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Government "back in listening mode" on changes to IR35"

Collapse

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    People are mugs if they seriously think ipse have and will get any serious traction with the Government re IR35.

Leave a comment:

• teapot418
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Sheesh, I don't think I've ever seen so many typos in a couple of paragraphs.
    It is Christmas Party season

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Nobody there (IPSE) is interested in the dividend tax. "Not a contractor specific issue" is the response when it's raised.
    Probably because it is the reply HMG would give. TBF, they're correct. It's an abomination but its effect is not limited to contractors.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Nobody there (IPSE) is interested in the dividend tax. "Not a contractor specific issue" is the response when it's raised.
    No one disagrees that it has a disproportionate effect on contractors because of how we pay ourselves, but doesn't discriminate - it affects anyone who gets > 5K in divvies through whatever mechanism. If IPSE makes a big fuss about it, it just reinforces the view that contractors are tax dodgers. They have expressed concerns about it (it was in the template letter to MPs back in the summer for example), but I don't think it would be right for them to have a big campaign about it.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Does it help my IR35 position if I add a new part time client and use substitution? I'm thinking I could offer a proof-reading service to IPSE, subcontract it to a ten-year-old I know, and they'd be better off.

They seem to have to have a problem with repetition and one' ability to handle possessives. One might say a series of serious flaws calls into question their ability to write coherently.

With writing like that, no wonder they didn't save the world from the dividend tax, T&S, etc. But rest assured, you are in good hands when they come to save us from dastardly changes to IR35.

Of course, someone will go edit it and fix it all up and then we'll look stupid. But in the meantime, I commend them for making me laugh. I needed it today.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Should have been signed by e e cummings

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Is this the same thing as the existing post three below this?

Leave a comment:

• pjt
    started a topic Government "back in listening mode" on changes to IR35

Government "back in listening mode" on changes to IR35

More good news. Looks like their may be a future in contracting after all

https://www.ipse.co.uk/news/governme...e-changes-ir35

Working...
X