• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "TOAD for Oracle Question"

Collapse

• Rocket
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956
    Just to clarify, are you running a query in the SQL Editor window? Correct And you say that you click the green arrow right? Correct In the SQL editor, the bottom part of the screen is for the data grid. Are you saying that the data scrolls away and disappears? Correct

Appreciate the help.

I'm using an earlier version of TOAD (8.0.0.47) and I can't duplicate this problem. Does it do the same thing if you use F9 to execute the current statement instead of the button? Probably will, but you never know...

I found this thread that sounds like whats happening to you...try a search on that site...it might point you in the right direction...

http://www.nabble.com/SE-%22hopping%....html#a1619951

HTH

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    blimey, it's been a month and you still haven't sussed it out?! I'd probably put the entire computer in the bin and buy a new one at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Just to clarify, are you running a query in the SQL Editor window? Correct And you say that you click the green arrow right? Correct In the SQL editor, the bottom part of the screen is for the data grid. Are you saying that the data scrolls away and disappears? Correct

Appreciate the help.

Leave a comment:

• Rocket
    replied
    No, definitely using the green arrow.

If I could click on the "pin" on the data grid I could force it to be always visible apparently, but the "pin" icon disappears too quickly to be able to select it. Is there a menu option which will do the same thing?
    Moose,

Just to clarify, are you running a query in the SQL Editor window? And you say that you click the green arrow right? In the SQL editor, the bottom part of the screen is for the data grid. Are you saying that the data scrolls away and disappears?

Apologies for stepping through the procedures...I use TOAD every day (way better then SQL Plus IMO) and I'd like to help if I can...

Leave a comment:

• VJTheDJ
    replied
    Try using SQL Developer (previously known as Project Raptor)
    It is free and it is made by Oracle. It does not even need to be installed.
    I simply unzipped it onto my hard drive and then ran the .exe file.
    I know someone who runs it straight off a USB key.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Same version here but i've never seen the behaviour you describe, even had a go at fiddling some setting to try and make it happen and no joy :/

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Hello Toad experts. I've just started a new job where I'm learning Oracle, and I'm trying to get to grips with Toad, which I've used a bit before.

However, I have a problem which I can't find a resolution for, and I thought I'd ask for help here.

When I run some SQL (e.g. SELECT * FROM dual), the results aren't available to view. I can see them scroll up the page really quickly, but after that they disappear, and I can't get them back. Unfortunately, I can't read that quickly (unlike Mr Spock in Star Trek), so I can't see the query results.

No-one else here knows how to fix it. Anyone out there know?
    Toad is a uselsss pile of cr*p.

Can you not just use SQL*Plus?

I dont have Toad installed on my machine so I'm no help on the settings I'm afraid.

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    Never seen that happen here. What version of TOAD are you using ?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Never seen that happen here. What version of TOAD are you using ?

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard
    Are you maybe hitting the "run as script" (lightning) button, instead of the "run" button (green arrow? only 4 weeks away and rusty already!)? SELECT results should sit in a nice little grid for you.
    No, definitely using the green arrow.

If I could click on the "pin" on the data grid I could force it to be always visible apparently, but the "pin" icon disappears too quickly to be able to select it. Is there a menu option which will do the same thing?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Lawks. That ain't right!

Are you maybe hitting the "run as script" (lightning) button, instead of the "run" button (green arrow? only 4 weeks away and rusty already!)? SELECT results should sit in a nice little grid for you.

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by scotspine
    there is a setting, forget which, in the options to execute or run immediately, something like that
    Thanks for the prompt reply, but I can't find it. There is something called "Immediate edit" under Data Grids / Visual, but changing that doesn't seem to resolve the problem.

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    there is a setting, forget which, in the options to execute or run immediately, something like that

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    started a topic TOAD for Oracle Question

TOAD for Oracle Question

Hello Toad experts. I've just started a new job where I'm learning Oracle, and I'm trying to get to grips with Toad, which I've used a bit before.

However, I have a problem which I can't find a resolution for, and I thought I'd ask for help here.

When I run some SQL (e.g. SELECT * FROM dual), the results aren't available to view. I can see them scroll up the page really quickly, but after that they disappear, and I can't get them back. Unfortunately, I can't read that quickly (unlike Mr Spock in Star Trek), so I can't see the query results.

No-one else here knows how to fix it. Anyone out there know?

Working...
X