• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on ".co.uk domain - WhoIs details"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post
    Perfect. Yes its for private use, hence I don't want my home address publicly available.

I'll ring up a few domain registrars too see if there are any additional costs in suppressing the info.

many thanks
    It's free.

I have a company and a private domain.

The company domain has all my details listed while the private one just has my email address available. ( I actually just use the company one for business email.)

You just select at the time of registration whether your domain is used for an enterprise or private individual. Then every year if you have a good domain registrar they make you check your details and you can change this.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    +1 Nominet will reveal the details if a site has any commercial content on it. I complained about a Tax scam site last year, full details were placed in the public domain within 48 hours....
    That's good to know.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Perfect. Yes its for private use, hence I don't want my home address publicly available.

I'll ring up a few domain registrars too see if there are any additional costs in suppressing the info.

many thanks
    Vidahost offer it at no extra cost

Leave a comment:

• ContractorBanking
    replied

many thanks

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    If it's for private use, a blog, etc then you can hide certain details but if it's for a limited company or commercial use you need to disclose the detail.

If you hide the detail by declaring it private use but someone needs to know the detail due to your company operating it, they can apply to Nominet to have the detail revealed.
    +1 Nominet will reveal the details if a site has any commercial content on it. I complained about a Tax scam site last year, full details were placed in the public domain within 48 hours....

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    If it's for private use, a blog, etc then you can hide certain details but if it's for a limited company or commercial use you need to disclose the detail.

If you hide the detail by declaring it private use but someone needs to know the detail due to your company operating it, they can apply to Nominet to have the detail revealed.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Looking to purchase a .co.uk domain - what info is publicly available on such domains?

Did some random WhoIs checks and the public info varies.

Is there any way to supress such info, and what is mandatory and what can be suppressed (if anything)?
    Most of the commercial doman registration companies will offer a privacy option whereby their infomration is put into the record rather than yours. It's still your domain, and if anyone wanted to know who owned it they could still find out either by court order or through law enforcement agencies.

Leave a comment:

• ContractorBanking
    started a topic .co.uk domain - WhoIs details

.co.uk domain - WhoIs details

Looking to purchase a .co.uk domain - what info is publicly available on such domains?

Did some random WhoIs checks and the public info varies.

Is there any way to supress such info, and what is mandatory and what can be suppressed (if anything)?

Working...
X