• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Lunch is the rest of the soup I started yesterday.

Felt like an hour of my life had been wasted by being dragged into a Microsoft support call because their search facility for SharePoint doesn't work properly despite them saying the index crawling has been completed. I was needed to prove that search doesn't work even for non-Admin accounts and thus another line on the idiot list was ticked off.

Apparently if you do bulk imports via their own API indexing is bumped down to priority 4 in the backend (and can't be re-prioritised by someone with god rights over the tenant) and it can take weeks to properly do even if the crawl log says otherwise. As we have live human studies ongoing and getting access to study documentation is paramount, we've built our own search facility in SSRS that returns accurate results with a handy link so the support team can work. We were tempted to sell it back to them as an improvement on their own offering...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Early(ish) start never happened, as sleeping me apparently decided it didn't want to wake up and efficiently swatted away all alarms until it was sated. But I feel thoroughly refreshed by all the extra snoozing, so that's fine by waking me

Clear blue sky and 6°C out; no better than 7° expected, presumably because of the sky, and rain expected tonight. Barometers are bouncing back at 993/1000mB

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Colder in here at 13.1 deg.

1002 mBar, 29.6 in Hg, 751.6 Torr, 60% RH.

Thursday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the intermittent wan sunshine.

Warmer than yesterday due to the lack of wind.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons multiseed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oz border thing: S3 E1 & 2: dreadlocked chap kicking up a fuss, Chinese "food" par excellence: particularaly nauseating with bits of snake, beetles, and what looked like a dried flatworm, along with shedloads of nuts & leaves & suchlike.

Looks like the dreadlocked one is a drug smuggler. Kilo of coke: 7.5 years in clink.

Civet cat coffee beans.

Pissing down now.

NZ customs thing: the usual tons of Contac NT, the orange leaf smuggler (strip searched).
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 13:15.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    3o out, no wind, and the pre-sunrise sky made me want to stay out longer and not start work.
    Saying that, most things would make me not want to do any work, but our lifestyle won't pay for itself (yet)

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Whitish-blue sky this morning. Dry. Currently 4 degrees ('feels like' 2) with a high of 7 later. It will cloud over more as the day progresses and rain is expected from 6pm onwards. Barometer up to 1004 mBar.

Electrician expected today to do things to bring the flat up to whatever 'code' currently exists following some safety check the landlady had done a while back. He was supposed to turn up a couple of weeks ago but caught covid. I think it's mainly all the spot lights are not safety rated and my washing machine is too close to a shower. Personally, I'd remove the shower as it's rubbish but then the flat couldn't be marketed as two bed/two bath.

Today's Kantar diary facts are:
    'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' premiers in Los Angeles with a tribute to the last Carrie Fisher 2017

English football club Newcastle United is founded 1892

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Same old telly tonight: bit of traffic cops, bit of air crash stuff. I did think of watching something more interesting, but I couldn't be bothered deciding what

Early(ish) night now so I can maybe get some stuff done tomorrow

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Fish fingers and chips for tea.

The last of Dr Who watched.

Now catching up on the latest MasterChef.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been spag bol, and inordinately nice it was

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Managed to get in once, but I wasn't logged in at the time.
    Also useful to know, as it suggests I should check which code paths are different for a non-logged-in user

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Woohoo!

I went into ModCP, turned off "Display Reputation" and was able to get in.

ONCE.
    OK, that's a helpful clue at any rate - I'll have to dig into the rep code

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Woohoo!

I went into ModCP, turned off "Display Reputation" and was able to get in.

ONCE.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I had a look at your profile page and I couldn't see it either. Then I had a look at mine and couldn't see that

So I tried turning off the thanks/likes and reputation panes and then I could see mine, but still couldn't see yours. Can you check (reload a couple of times, just in case) and see if you can get to it now? It might be different for you viewing it, both because of your mod status and because it's your own page.

Interestingly, I experimented with turning thanks/likes tab back on and could still see mine, which suggests a problem in the reputation tab. At least that's my own code, so it might be a bit easier to work out where it's falling over
    No luck.
    I even tried 3 different browsers.

Managed to get in once, but I wasn't logged in at the time.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Was going to update my profile pic for Christmas, but can't get into the screen
    I had a look at your profile page and I couldn't see it either. Then I had a look at mine and couldn't see that

So I tried turning off the thanks/likes and reputation panes and then I could see mine, but still couldn't see yours. Can you check (reload a couple of times, just in case) and see if you can get to it now? It might be different for you viewing it, both because of your mod status and because it's your own page.

Interestingly, I experimented with turning thanks/likes tab back on and could still see mine, which suggests a problem in the reputation tab. At least that's my own code, so it might be a bit easier to work out where it's falling over

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Was going to update my profile pic for Christmas, but can't get into the screen

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Walk briskly walked in the cold afternoon, green ring closed

Looks nice out there but there's a pretty chilly, if light, breeze

Leave a comment:

Working...
X