• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Immigration ramblings"

Collapse

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Colloquial English. It's not hard to work out what it means. 3rd definition here Your | Define Your at Dictionary.com
    Hey wait...I know what the word "your" means.

Oh never mind...this is to complex for me.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    Ok

My typical Brexiter!!! Me!!!!..I don't get it!
    Colloquial English. It's not hard to work out what it means. 3rd definition here http://www.dictionary.com/browse/your?s=t

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    If we leave the EU one principle reason is to reduce unskilled EU migration...
    Ok

That is what your typical Brexiter from the poorer regions up north voted for - no polish immigrant taking the 14 hours a week job they hoped to get in Aldi.
    My typical Brexiter!!! Me!!!!..I don't get it!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    No, take the NAT’s post, I thought that EU immigration would be unaffected and non-EU would be potential stopped by Brexit - The other way around.
    Where did you get more immigrants from my post? You are twisting my words.
    If we leave the EU one principle reason is to reduce unskilled EU migration... That is what your typical Brexiter from the poorer regions up north voted for - no polish immigrant taking the 14 hours a week job they hoped to get in Aldi.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied

How would Brexit (which may result in the UK not allowing EU immigrants to come to the UK) result in more immigrants from the EU?
    No, take the NAT’s post, I thought that EU immigration would be unaffected and non-EU would be potential stopped by Brexit - The other way around.
    Where did you get more immigrants from my post? You are twisting my words.

EU immigration (potentially stopped by Brexit) and non-EU (unaffected), and a visa and a license.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Bee pops up and here we go again

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Surprised, because I thought would be the other way around.

How would Brexit (which may result in the UK not allowing EU immigrants to come to the UK) result in more immigrants from the EU?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    :

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Yes. Which bits are you having difficulty with?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Are you serious!?
    Yes. Which bits are you having difficulty with?

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Strange article. Goes from non-EU immigration to EU immigration and back again, says twice that that organisations have been "granted visas", when they've been given a license to sponsor visas. I guess DM readers don't know the difference between EU immigration (potentially stopped by Brexit) and non-EU (unaffected), and a visa and a license.

And of course, it's got nothing to do with ICT.
    Are you serious!?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-37753713

It's all good

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It happened before with a Jamaican guy who needed a transplant, and the only perfect match was a relation from Jamaica with a young child.

The UK government was embarrassed into allowing her in by the media. It helped that the church and a charity funded her stay.

The home office do it all the time.
    sadly so, we should be able to be compassionate without being shafted.

Unfortunately having met a few overstayers it seems a popular route in.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Yet THIS poor woman's sister is not being allowed in to give her a potentially life-saving bone marrow transplant.
    Disgraceful!

Leukaemia transplant blocked by Home Office visa denial - BBC News
    It happened before with a Jamaican guy who needed a transplant, and the only perfect match was a relation from Jamaica with a young child.

The UK government was embarrassed into allowing her in by the media. It helped that the church and a charity funded her stay.

The home office do it all the time.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Strange article. Goes from non-EU immigration to EU immigration and back again, says twice that that organisations have been "granted visas", when they've been given a license to sponsor visas. I guess DM readers don't know the difference between EU immigration (potentially stopped by Brexit) and non-EU (unaffected), and a visa and a license.

And of course, it's got nothing to do with ICT.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X