• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tread very carefully HMRC"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by handyandy View Post

I expect the OP is still in the pub celebrating HMRC throwing in the towel on Actinium and sending closure notices with no further changes to return or tax due,
    Too much beer would explain his latest FOI I guess.

Leave a comment:

• handyandy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Did this thread get deleted? Can you include his other one as well?
    I expect the OP is still in the pub celebrating HMRC throwing in the towel on Actinium and sending closure notices with no further changes to return or tax due,

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Right you are.

I’ll give it a couple of hours so that people can see my reply then I’ll delete this thread.

I’ll also ask Admin to give you PM rights.
    Did this thread get deleted? Can you include his other one as well?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Right you are.

I’ll give it a couple of hours so that people can see my reply then I’ll delete this thread.

I’ll also ask Admin to give you PM rights.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by webby653 View Post
    Sorry about this. I lost it a bit getting the letter from HMRC, and especially the gall of them using Covid as an excuse for the radio silence when it's 15 years since I last heard anything from them.

I've removed the original post.
    Fully understandable.

You need advice to see if HMRC did things correctly 15 years ago - that will require a subject matter request for everything HMRC have on you and it may be worth reading a different thread from https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...ml#post2934231 onwards and possibly PMing DealorNoDeal.

Leave a comment:

• webby653
    replied
    Sorry about this. I lost it a bit getting the letter from HMRC, and especially the gall of them using Covid as an excuse for the radio silence when it's 15 years since I last heard anything from them.

I've removed the original post.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

Agreed. And completely pointless. I guess the OP might feel a bit better for a few seconds after
    Yeah but when the red mist has settled and he looks at it again it's going to be toe curling for him. No delete button either.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

It appears to be a rant of some sort.
    Agreed. And completely pointless. I guess the OP might feel a bit better for a few seconds after

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied

I think many here can relate to that where HMRC are concerned.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

That would make more sense. But the request posted doesn't actually contain a question. As far as I can see?

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Wrong type of request.

Think webby653 you meant to make a data subject access request.
    That would make more sense. But the request posted doesn't actually contain a question. As far as I can see?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Wrong type of request.

Think webby653 you meant to make a data subject access request.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Perhaps he's in a state of shock. I could imagine some people losing it getting a brown envelope out of the blue after 15 years of nothing.

Unfortunately, he's in for another shock when he finds out how much late payment interest will have accrued since 2005.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    What an odd thing to do. And then publicise the fact including the loss of any anonymity here. Oh well, takes all sorts, I suppose.
    Odd is an understatment. What a waste of everyone's time that is for absolutely nothing. Talk about embarrasing yourself on a forum of your peers.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    So it seems this is another person connected to the letters mentioned at https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...ml#post2934231

Which opens the actual question - what did HMRC say in the original letter back in 2005/7 and if you look in your personal tax record are the years open or marked as closed
    Last edited by eek; 5 June 2022, 22:05.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X