• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Morse Review Voluntary Restitution - Refund Notice"

Collapse

• Ibza11
    replied
    So I finally got my "legal documentation" to sign and send back to HMRC so that i can proceed with my refund application.

However not only have they incorrectly calculated the amounts I am owed (my voluntary restitution years) they have also not added any interest refunds? Is this correct? Should i expect refunds to include interest payments also? Or am i just being naive!!

Its annoying as they happily apply interest to everything and anything if i "pay late" but don't do the same when they have incorrectly taken money from me!!

Leave a comment:

• LadyPenelope
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

I'm afraid so.

They are only offering refunds where the Loan Charge could have influenced your decision to settle. The charge wasn't known about in 2015.
    OK, thanks DealorNoDeal. At least some people will get their money back from this situation.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by LadyPenelope View Post
    I think I've missed something here, so sorry if not the right thread.

I had loans for y.e. 2005/6, 2006/7 and 2007/8 which I settled in 2015. Does this mean that I entitled to a refund under the Morse agreement, then? Thanks.

I even had the loans written off by the trustees and paid the IHT.

Looking at the link, it appears that if I'd settled after 2016 I could have got the money back. So I settled too early.
    I'm afraid so.

They are only offering refunds where the Loan Charge could have influenced your decision to settle. The charge wasn't known about in 2015.

Leave a comment:

• LadyPenelope
    replied
    I think I've missed something here, so sorry if not the right thread.

I had loans for y.e. 2005/6, 2006/7 and 2007/8 which I settled in 2015. Does this mean that I entitled to a refund under the Morse agreement, then? Thanks.

I even had the loans written off by the trustees and paid the IHT.

Looking at the link, it appears that if I'd settled after 2016 I could have got the money back. So I settled too early.
    Last edited by LadyPenelope; 16 March 2021, 11:31.

Leave a comment:

• borisbike3
    replied
    Originally posted by Ibza11 View Post
    Hi All,

First time poster. So please bear with me.

I've just received notification from HMRC that i am entitled to refund (as a result of the Morse Review) I was one of those that settled with HMRC for loans pre- 10/11.

Thanks
    Me too.

HMRC Cardiff conveniently lost my "Disguised Renumeration Repayment Scheme 2020" application FORM. Sent "signed for" and fortunately I kept the receipt.

Is this really the way HMRC are operating? You can't even trust recorded delivery / signed for lettters to reach the appropriate Case Officer ?

Leave a comment:

• HMRC made Atlas Shrug
    replied
    Interest mentioned, IHT not, removing right to compensation

Hello out there to my fellow victims of HMRC 'the state', a service corporation supposed to be working FOR US. They are our employees!

Since you are reading this, I take it we are all in the same boat, we survived the attack by our own government's service corporation called HMRC that robbed us and, is about to give in some cases like mine, some of our money back.

In my case, interest is mentioned and HMRC say it will be calculated once/after I accepted and signed all HMRC's documents i.e. whatever they decide to do after the event. I.e. we are expected trust HMRC and sign them a blank cheque.

IHT is not mentioned, I guess HMRC is waiting on the release of your loan(s) so it will differ from person to person, but this is just a guess on my part.

I am not in the 'legal' line, so as a normal person, the final HMRC 'THIS DEED OF RELEASE AND VARIATION' document we need to sign to get our own money back from the crooks at HMRC, looks like a typical bureaucratic stinking pile of 'legal' . . . . . . to us later with. I guess all we can do is hope the s working at HMRC do not cheat us again.

Hopefully one day all HMRC's victims can take the people at HMRC that did this harm to us as well as HMRC as the service corporation it is, to a Common Law Court for compensation. "Legal" laws do not apply in a Common Law Court. HMRC's own rules and the 'legal' laws drawn up by incompetent and corrupt civil servants and politicians to protect 'the state' and the elite over generations, they do not apply there.

If ever there was one-sided unfair contracts, that should never stand up in any court, they are HMRC's contracts and rules.
    Last edited by HMRC made Atlas Shrug; 7 February 2021, 14:58.

Leave a comment:

• borisbike3
    replied
    Originally posted by Ibza11 View Post
    Hi All,

I've just received notification from HMRC that i am entitled to refund (as a result of the Morse Review) I was one of those that settled with HMRC for loans pre- 10/11.

Apologies if any of the above has already been answered elsewhere.

Thanks
    I just called Cardiff HMRC office who are dealing with my case to chase the restitution. Glad to hear they have calculated yours.

Leave a comment:

• bosleyrog
    replied
    There was no mention of interest in the repayment calculation.
    My settlement payment to HMRC was only in Sept 2019, so not sure there would be much interest to consider.

Leave a comment:

• Ibza11
    replied
    Bosleyrog,

Thanks for the reply and sharing the info you got back from HMRC.

Did they confirm that we would be receiving interest as well? Or is that just assumed (because they took some of the original payment in "error")

Leave a comment:

• bosleyrog
    replied
    Hi Ibza,

I am in a simailar position to yourself.
    My refund calucalation was agreed a couple of weeks ago. Apparently another deed (similar to the one signed to settle) will be sent, upon signing, payment should follow soon after.
    When I asked how long that process should take, my case worker could not answer as the whole process is new. Hopefully it will be soon.
    I had no interest on my settlement nor on my refund, however a small deduction was made for IHT on the refund.

Leave a comment:

• Ibza11
    started a topic Morse Review Voluntary Restitution - Refund Notice

Morse Review Voluntary Restitution - Refund Notice

Hi All,

The figures on the refund looks correct (based on the amounts i settled). My questions are:

1. Has anyone else in a similar position to me received this decision notice.

2. The Notice states that the amount of refund calculated does not include repayment interest - but that it will be calculated when they send the repayment. I was under the impression that no interest would be given back? Is this correct? Not complaining.

3. When do you think i can expect this payment to hit my account?

Apologies if any of the above has already been answered elsewhere.

Thanks

Working...
X