• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stop thank-liking posts"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    d000hg 's job has never been outsourced
    remove the space please

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Unix View Post
    You can like something and thank someone for it at the same time, i.e. if someone gave me £100k I would like it and thank the person for it.

HTH
    If someone gave you £0.01 you probably wouldn't and that's more like the value of CUK posts

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    On a slightly interesting tangent, the numbers of thanks and likes given to posts in this thread tailed of rapidly the longer it got.
    Its almost like we have short attention spa....... oooh squirrel!

Leave a comment:

• Contreras
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I wish there were two more buttons to dislike a post, or disdain it (or whatever the opposite of thank is).
    Yeah. We also need 'agreed with', 'disagreed with', 'laughed at' and 'barfed at'.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I wish there were two more buttons to dislike a post, or disdain it (or whatever the opposite of thank is).

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It's irritating. Say thankyou OR like the post, not both!!
    Thanks!

Like!

something.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    On a slightly interesting tangent, the numbers of thanks and likes given to posts in this thread tailed of rapidly the longer it got.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    You can like something and thank someone for it at the same time, i.e. if someone gave me £100k I would like it and thank the person for it.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Exactly the right approach, IMO. This is nothing but a very thinly disguised attempt to by d000hg to up his thank/like count.
    So we both like and thank him, but then neg him to keep it in balance?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    AS a mod can you set him up with -1000 likes/dislikes?
    I believe only admin can do that and he reserves that for "special" people

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Exactly the right approach, IMO. This is nothing but a very thinly disguised attempt to by d000hg to up his thank/like count.
    AS a mod can you set him up with -1000 likes/dislikes?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BigTime View Post
    neg repped you instead.

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    neg repped you instead.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    thank you
    No No No.... Thank YOU!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    thank you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X