• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The future of Perm/Contract roles in the City"

Collapse

• No2politics
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
    I guess it depends on who the client is and how good your negotiations are I work from home 99% of the time, am on the best rate I've ever been on, and have more than enough contact with the people I work with.
    Plus 1.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    I guess it depends on who the client is and how good your negotiations are I work from home 99% of the time, am on the best rate I've ever been on, and have more than enough contact with the people I work with.
    lucky for some.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    Rates are usually lower, lack of social contact, the implication that you won't work as hard because you're working from home and actually end up working more than if you were office based

But apart from that nothing

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
    Senior developer roll in city these days is £85k - £115k plus bonus and pension so not too bad most the senior developers at my place are 27 - 30, dev manager your looking at £110k min to about £140k plus bonus 0-25%. Contract rates IMO need to increase in the city, permy £ seems to have gone up but contract rates pretty static.
    +1 this is what I see

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    How do you suffer when working from home?
    Rates are usually lower, lack of social contact, the implication that you won't work as hard because you're working from home and actually end up working more than if you were office based

But apart from that nothing

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    It is getting to the stage that work from home gigs are worth suffering with
    How do you suffer when working from home?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    That's one expensive sandwich.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to doodab again.
    Can anyone do the needful for me?

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Well, just watch out for her wings ... and the police.
    The Queen already has dibbs on them ... well only the unmarked mute ones according to her official site - http://www.royal.gov.uk/royaleventsa...wanupping.aspx

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Senior developer roll in city these days is £85k - £115k
    That's one expensive sandwich.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Senior developer roll in city these days is £85k - £115k plus bonus and pension so not too bad most the senior developers at my place are 27 - 30, dev manager your looking at £110k min to about £140k plus bonus 0-25%. Contract rates IMO need to increase in the city, permy £ seems to have gone up but contract rates pretty static.
    that's not what the emails from recruiting are saying....

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    It is getting to the stage that work from home gigs are worth suffering with

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    60K is rather low for a doctor? A couple of GPs I know are on far more for 3/4 day weeks.
    But 60K isn't enough for London, with a family.
    He can send his wife out to work or alternatively get social housing (shared ownership and the like)
    Currently training to eventually be a surgeon.... Salary will not be above 100k for quite a few years yet.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    So what does that mean for London in the future? I know a few of my friends are looking to move to my area due to the kind of figures you are quoting - a graduate doctor friend of mine on 60k with a family is struggling day to day.
    60K is rather low for a doctor? A couple of GPs I know are on far more for 3/4 day weeks.
    But 60K isn't enough for London, with a family.
    He can send his wife out to work or alternatively get social housing (shared ownership and the like)

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Are in Brum? They call the Colmore district the Wharf of the West Midlands. But frankly, it cannot be compared.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X