• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Wasps

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wasps"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I hope for your sake that you aren't putting a large bet on that.
    xog is conducting an experiment to allow us to more effectively trap and kill the little bastards. I'm excited!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I am conducting a serious scientific experiment in my garden - which do wasps prefer, jam or golden syrup? I bet I am not the only one seriously excited by this.
    I hope for your sake that you aren't putting a large bet on that.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I am conducting a serious scientific experiment in my garden - which do wasps prefer, jam or golden syrup? I bet I am not the only one seriously excited by this.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    See, total bastards:

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I skin them and beat the skins to make rugby jumpers for pigeons.
    then, after a few days, I kill the wasps

There was a guy I went to Uni with who was a bit odd. He'd catch flies and then tippex their eyes out.

I think that was you.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I skin them and beat the skins to make rugby jumpers for pigeons.
    then, after a few days, I kill the wasps

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Do they have six fingers as well?
    Yep, they're just like you but slimmer.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    There are loads around in Devon at the moment.

Went out to a BBQ with my daughter and her family the other day and the beer garden was crawling with them, must have been a nest near by.

No one stung as far as I am aware.
    Do they have six fingers as well?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I thought this was going to be a Rugby Union thread....

I don't know what he's got against them. They're nothing like as stuck up as Quins or Richmond.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I thought this was going to be a Rugby Union thread....

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    There are loads around in Devon at the moment.

Went out to a BBQ with my daughter and her family the other day and the beer garden was crawling with them, must have been a nest near by.

No one stung as far as I am aware.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    They are actually more useful earlier in the year, due to the midges they eat,
    but yeah, once they realise the end is near and start binging on sugar they become a real PITA.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Wasps are attracted to sugary sweet things. Ah bless.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Having commented yesterday that I hadn't seen many this year, there's three buzzing round my garage.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I recommend using an electric fly swat.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X