• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "At least one thing worse than gay parents...."

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I recently had to explain to my kids that calling other kids gay was not an insult and to treat everyone equally. Not quite sure what my grandparents would make of it all - but times change.

I hope one day schools will become equal for all - but could be a long time waiting.
    Poof

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    You and the Lady are going to have to do it the biological way.
    I see you are conforming to stereotype with your communication skills.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Your point is?
    You and the Lady are going to have to do it the biological way.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I hope one day schools will become equal for all - but could be a long time waiting.
    Even if they were they would quickly devolve, human nature ensures that such a state of affairs is fundamentaly unstable and quickly decays.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    The only problem with gay parents is the stick the kid is likely to get for having gay parents.

Knew a lad when I was a kid whose parent was transsexual - his mum had died, and his step-dad had become a woman. He was hard as nails - had to be to survive at school.
    I recently had to explain to my kids that calling other kids gay was not an insult and to treat everyone equally. Not quite sure what my grandparents would make of it all - but times change.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    Social services have made it perfectly clear that you are not going to be allowed to adopt with a 80 something woman with dementia, and screw your 'Human Rights'.
    Your point is?

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    I didnt realise you were gay Brillo. What's that you say? You're not?!?! Well you do realise that Rupert is right? So personally I feel that means he is a lot more entitled to an opinion and no doubt has a lot more experience on this subject than you ever will.

There's nothing I hate more than misguided offence on behalf of a group of which someone is not a member of!
    Please tell me you don't have kids.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    There are two things worse than gay parents - no parents or dysfunctional parents.
    If two people are prepared to look after and give love to kids who would otherwise be left in the care system then go for it
    Social services have made it perfectly clear that you are not going to be allowed to adopt with a 80 something woman with dementia, and screw your 'Human Rights'.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    The only problem with gay parents is the stick the kid is likely to get for having gay parents.

Knew a lad when I was a kid whose parent was transsexual - his mum had died, and his step-dad had become a woman. He was hard as nails - had to be to survive at school.
    Stifflers mom?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I didnt realise you were gay Brillo. What's that you say? You're not?!?! Well you do realise that Rupert is right? So personally I feel that means he is a lot more entitled to an opinion and no doubt has a lot more experience on this subject than you ever will.

There's nothing I hate more than misguided offence on behalf of a group of which someone is not a member of!
    I don't believe Brillo has ever expressed his sexuality on CUK. He has told us about his hobbies supporting his priest, getting up in the middle of the night, stripping off, rubbing vaseline into other mens bodies & vice versa, pumping away for hours and hours, sweaty legs, sore body parts, chaffed bottom, getting his member out and flashing it to other people, all so other people will give him money.

Absolutely nothing remotely tawdry in any of that.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    There are two things worse than gay parents - no parents or dysfunctional parents.
    If two people are prepared to look after and give love to kids who would otherwise be left in the care system then go for it
    Oh nuts I have to agree with Dodgy again .

I'll be sending flowers to Maggie Thatcher next ...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Its as irrelevant and meaningless if I say iron man competitions are really easy. I bet there are many people who do them who find them so easy they dont even need to train.

But I wouldnt say that, as I know nothing about it, same as you.
    If you go to the iron man forums you will find that none of them train - its called sandbagging.

But Rupert's comments were about parenting as much as homosexuality. If he does not want children - fine. Extrapolation is the issue.

By the way I also know nothing about female circumcision. There are some who have experience of it who believe it is culterally acceptable. The fact that I have no direct experience does not stop me from knowing it is totally and utterly wrong.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Its as irrelevant and meaningless if I say iron man competitions are really easy. I bet there are many people who do them who find them so easy they dont even need to train.

There are enough adults around who can tell you of the "wonderful" care they received due to not being adopted or placed with one parent/set of parents in long term foster care.

There are also a few people around who have a gay parent and have been brought up by them when they knew that parent was gay.

Obviously if you approach them with a openly bigoted set of views you won't get to hear these personal stories.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Whether I am gay or not is irrelevant. What matters is that I am against extrapolation. If he had had kids then give his opinion it might give it more weight. But he has no idea. I bet there are many gay parents who do a brilliant job. Sorry if being against extrapolation goes against cuk rules.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X