• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Darwin award contender of the day. Man mails himself and nearly dies"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Honourable mention.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by al_cam View Post
    Hate to be pedantic but he can only be a Darwin award contender if he actually removed himself from the gene pool - one of my pet hates that.
    Did it spoil your chance of entering?

Leave a comment:

• al_cam
    replied
    Hate to be pedantic but he can only be a Darwin award contender if he actually removed himself from the gene pool - one of my pet hates that.

Good story though.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Boxing is less effiicient than casting.

He should have taken up knitting.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I tried to fax myself to a bird once.

luckily I realised at the last minute that it was a shredder, not a fax

I had a VERY close shave, I can tell you

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Myra Hindley?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Lucky he didn't use Yodel or else the courier would have just posted a "while you were out card"
    Or dropped head first on the other side of an 8 foot fence

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Who said romance is dead?
    Myra Hindley?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Who said romance is dead?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    BBC NEWS | Magazine | What can't you send through the post?

Seems dead humans are NOT allowed, but live ones are OK?!
    Royal Mail Prohibited Goods

Sorry the Yodel comment made me nearly choke on my tea.

I've got images of the courier trying to throw the box over a tall hedge or put it in a recycling wheelie bin for safe keeping.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Luckily in the UK you aren't allowed to post yourself so it can't happen here.
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Need a link to back that up I am afraid....
    BBC NEWS | Magazine | What can't you send through the post?

Seems dead humans are NOT allowed, but live ones are OK?!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Need a link to back that up I am afraid....

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Lucky he didn't use Yodel or else the courier would have just posted a "while you were out card"

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Darwin award contender of the day. Man mails himself and nearly dies

Don't think this one has been done...

Man posts himself to girlfriend as a prank – but almost dies when couriers lose delivery address for THREE HOURS

Read more: Man posts himself to girlfriend as a prank ¿ but almost dies when couriers lose delivery address for THREE HOURS | Mail Online
    Words fail me.

Working...
X