• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Halal Meat

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Halal Meat"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    Not confused at all dear boy, but as usual you fail to understand a simple point. Where did I say that class equates to religion?
    I never claimed you were equating the two, perhaps you were trying too hard reading between the lines.

You said fox-hunting was a middle/upper class Christian activity. From the fact you put "middle/upper class" before "Christian" I somehow arrived at the wacky idea you were linking the two, when in fact they aren't even slightly linked.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix
    Cut out your racist crap pisshead.
    Those who can't write send reps.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Still Haram, but is permitted

...But if one is compelled by necessity, neither craving (it) nor transgressing, there is no sin on him

11. Necessity Dictates Exceptions

So you can do it if you need to, but you can't enjoy it.....
    Atheism is so simple.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Still Haram, but is permitted

...But if one is compelled by necessity, neither craving (it) nor transgressing, there is no sin on him

11. Necessity Dictates Exceptions

So you can do it if you need to, but you can't enjoy it.....

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I thought that if it acceptable then it is halal, but maybe not.
    Take your for it then.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    I dont think that is strictly true is it? Can pork ever be halal? I thought it just became "acceptable" when needs must.
    I thought that if it acceptable then it is halal, but maybe not.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    My understanding is that Islam & Judaism are quite forgiving in cases of necessity. You eat what you need to survive, a bit like Christianity its a target to avoid breaking the rules, sometimes its not possible.

It is also permissible to alter your behaviour (within limits) to fit in.

Stun the livestock & then slit them and most people wouldn't object.

Quite a reasonable summary here:
    Stunning Animals - Halal or Haram? The Truth.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Unless it is on a desert island and there is no other food available, in which case pork becomes halal.
    I dont think that is strictly true is it? Can pork ever be halal? I thought it just became "acceptable" when needs must.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    That's why it's clear the OP's Chinese takeaway is fibbing. You can't have halal sweet and sour pork.
    Unless it is on a desert island and there is no other food available, in which case pork becomes halal.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    That's why it's clear the OP's Chinese takeaway is fibbing. You can't have halal sweet and sour pork.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Presumably there's no such thing as halal/kosher pork? Sorted. Eat Bratwurst.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    It's really not that bad i don't think.

The animal probably gets so shocked it doesn't have a clue what's going on and it's over in less than a minute.

I definitely wouldn't class it as barbaric.
    That is how it used to be done all over the UK. Then the law was changed as it was deemed a cruel and barbaric method of slaughter and a requirement to stun the animal first was brought in.
    Slaughter houses didnt used to be well policed so the stun guns were often misused but when used properly they are very effective.

You say it is not that bad. Think about that for a minute. If we were killing you do you think you would be more stressed if it was sudden black out or would you prefer to be strung up by your feet and have your throat cut?
    Last edited by Arturo Bassick; 13 March 2012, 07:22.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Middle/upper-class has absolutely squat to do with Christianity. You're confusing culture and cultural stereotypes with a foreign religion.
    Not confused at all dear boy, but as usual you fail to understand a simple point. Where did I say that class equates to religion?
    The whole post is explaining to another fuqwit that my objection is not anti Islam so I used an example that is some distance from it.
    Sorry you and chief Cock couldnt get that.
    Last edited by Arturo Bassick; 13 March 2012, 07:19.

Leave a comment:

• thelurker
    replied
    What about the sausages and bacon

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    It's really not that bad i don't think.

The animal probably gets so shocked it doesn't have a clue what's going on and it's over in less than a minute.

I definitely wouldn't class it as barbaric.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X