• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Booze o'clock

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Booze o'clock"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    No, he didn't and was quite clear about what he was asking. You now look an even bigger tard.
    You'd think after being unambiguously proven to be wrong, you'd apologise. But then we already know nothing's ever your fault, right?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    What, this?

I think it's fairly clear that I had an idea of the Counting House's location and was referring to the location therein of our reserved space.

You now look an even bigger... nah, can't be bothered Thank you for trying to help, although you have to accept that you did, in fact, fail to understand the requirements in this case

P.S. They put us in a small room with posters giving directions to it, and table service so we didn't have to emerge to go to the bar - whatever they had to do to keep us away from the normal customers
    I'm surprised you managed to get a room as they normally charge you to hire them.

Nice you if you didn't have to pay.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    What, this?

I think it's fairly clear that I had an idea of the Counting House's location and was referring to the location therein of our reserved space.

You now look an even bigger... nah, can't be bothered Thank you for trying to help, although you have to accept that you did, in fact, fail to understand the requirements in this case

P.S. They put us in a small room with posters giving directions to it, and table service so we didn't have to emerge to go to the bar - whatever they had to do to keep us away from the normal customers
    Two seperate posts loosely linked by the word "its". Are you're specifications always this vague.

Hope you have a banging head this morning.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No, he didn't and was quite clear about what he was asking. You now look an even bigger tard.
    What, this?

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I should be there between 5:30 and 6:00. Zip says the table is booked under CUK. I think they usually print out a reservation with the name on it and leave it on the table.
    Once somebody's found it can they post its location here? I've only been to the Counting House once a few years ago, but I seem to remember it being absolutely enormous, so it would be a help if one has a rough idea of which direction to explore in.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post

Hope it was a great night had by all - sorry I couldn't make it this time. Will have a new year bash when I'm on the bench.
    Hope your benched soon.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied

Hope it was a great night had by all - sorry I couldn't make it this time. Will have a new year bash when I'm on the bench.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Well I think it might be cojak as, I asked her to sample a honeydew and some discovery for me and she normally has halves after a few bevvies.
    Actually, she started on halves but by the time I left she was quaffing 5.5% ales and Irish coffees!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Hang on - The half a Honeydew is Suity's surely, and he said he wasn't turning up.
    Well I think it might be cojak as, I asked her to sample a honeydew and some discovery for me and she normally has halves after a few bevvies.

Actually so do I after a few meself, and I have found somewhere the sells it over here but at 3 times the price

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Is it sad I know exactly who's there from the drinks order
    Hang on - The half a Honeydew is Suity's surely, and he said he wasn't turning up.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    We are at the back in a little room. A peroni, a grolsch, half a honeydew and a becks please.
    Is it sad I know exactly who's there from the drinks order

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Um, I think he meant directions INSIDE. I hope you read the spec more closely in your role as a BPM superstar.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Come out of bank station and walk down Cornhill heading towards Lehman St. The counting House is on your right hand side before you get to the cross roads.

Google map
    Um, I think he meant directions INSIDE. I hope you read the spec more closely in your role as a BPM superstar.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    We are at the back in a little room. A peroni, a grolsch, half a honeydew and a becks please.
    say hello to all from me

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Once somebody's found it can they post its location here? I've only been to the Counting House once a few years ago, but I seem to remember it being absolutely enormous, so it would be a help if one has a rough idea of which direction to explore in.
    Come out of bank station and walk down Cornhill heading towards Lehman St. The counting House is on your right hand side before you get to the cross roads.

Google map

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X