• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Shaving

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Shaving"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    If your lucky enough to come from a hairy gene pool you probably have hair growing right up your penis.
    Right up the outside, or right up the inside?

Reminded me of this: Candiru - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In this instance, the victim claimed a candiru swam into his urethra as he urinated while thigh-deep in a river. Jeremy Wade, a British biologist, investigated this incident for the Animal Planet's River Monsters. The victim underwent a two-hour urological surgery to remove the candiru. Dr. D. Scott Smith, Chief of Infectious Diseases at Kaiser Permanente, described the candiru as having spikes to assist it clinging to its host
    Last edited by d000hg; 25 March 2011, 10:46.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    You've got me bang to rights guv.

Rightly or wrongly, I raised this very question over a beer or 7 with colleagues tonight. Suffice to say, no-one confessed to a hairy penis, though we did get some revelations about ginger / grey pubes. I remain unconvinced...

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I find that hard to believe
    You've got me bang to rights guv.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Depends what you mean by sheltered. Raised in safe, secure and loving environment protected from the horrors of the world, or brought up in a bus shelter
    Both places could be plagued by an infestation of hairy penises. Only cure is waxing of back, crack and sack.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    No - I meant I found it hard to believe that MP had had a sheltered existence!
    Depends what you mean by sheltered. Raised in safe, secure and loving environment protected from the horrors of the world, or brought up in a bus shelter

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Go back a couple of million years, and it would be a lot more plausible:

Deleted genes gave humans big brains, spineless penis

(warning: post possibly NSFW)
    No - I meant I found it hard to believe that MP had had a sheltered existence!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Go back a couple of million years, and it would be a lot more plausible:

Deleted genes gave humans big brains, spineless penis

CAMBRIDGE: Two fundamental aspects of being human - a spineless penis and an expanded brain - may result from genes dropped during evolution, researchers suggest.

:::

The duo found hundreds of sequences still present in chimpanzees and other species, but absent in the human genome. Many of these deleted sequences were 'regulatory' - in other words, they inhibited the expression of nearby genes.

The researchers found two human-specific deletions to be the most fascinating: one removed a neural regulator, a loss correlated with the expansion of certain brain regions. The other eliminated the keratin 'spine' - the structural component of hair and nails - in the human penis.

Interestingly, the lack of penile spines tends to be associated with monogamous behaviour in primates, as it increases the duration and consistency of copulation behaviour, possibly due to decreased penile sensitivity.

This suggests that our ancestors may have evolved physiological - not simply behavioural - characteristics associated with monogamy and increased parental care.

(warning: post possibly NSFW)

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Me too. Thank god !
    I do not know what is more wrong, singing an Oasis song to a first date or shaving my baws.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Me too. Thank god !

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Really? Is this true? I must have led a very sheltered existence.
    Me too. Thank god !

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    You should have read How To Shave Your Balls | The Original Shave Your Balls Website first, by the sounds of it

If your lucky enough to come from a hairy gene pool you probably have hair growing right up your penis.
    Really? Is this true? I must have led a very sheltered existence.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What's wrong with trimming using scissors?
    because one mistake, and you get the sack

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Nothing. I just thought the clippers would be quicker, which they were. Even with the time spent yelping.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Once you get it manageable, you can use an electric shaver.

I'd choose one which is good for getting round wrinkles.
    An 'electric shaver'? What? The traditional methods not good enough for ya?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I was going for a "thinning out" using the special thinning attachment, rather than totally hairless.

I just don't want a huge mess of unruly pubes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X