• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "One of those sad conversations"

Collapse

Guest replied
    Only two have died that I know of. One was a friend who died of a drug overdose. The other was knocked down by a bus, and I have to confess that I danced for joy when I heard the news. It was one of those rare cases in which poetic justice strikes.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Goof hasn't cottoned yet but you should see all the dead bodies slumped at his neighbouring desks.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I was just chatting to the builder and we started talking about people we were at school with who have died. We were at school together in the same year currently in our mid 30s
    I'm 34 and am starting to notice people dying, last week a college friend died of cancer. I'm currently entering the matches and hatches stage shortly arriving at dispatches

I am now in the office of death, a colleague died on a lunchtime run, the woman who sits next to me's father died last month, another collegues sister died this week and anothers mum the week before, the security guy is dying of cancer and it's raining outside:rolleyes

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yah was just thinking that,lucky they are only dropping now, by time i was 20 had attended 5 funerals of actual friends (2 car accidents,1 suicide and 2 overdose's) and knew of at least 3 other comtempories (You know the type..."so so that you went to school with that ran with such and such") that had died

Funny enough over last 12 years only had one person i know die (Uncle who droped at 52) but that could be because my social circles have narrowed since i came to the UK and no longer keep in contact with people back home (half afraid to, probably a long list of dead now with way most were heading when i left)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Tsk ....youngsters....in my day by the time I had left school I had already lost 2 chums to motorbike (actually moped) accidents & 1 to a mountain climbing accident....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Don't be too sure Milan.

One of my uncles was almost offed by a guy on a motor bike.

His Reliant Robin exploded into a million pieces of glassfibre...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    WOT???
    None killed by the NHS?
    You must be in a good postcode.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    how vulnerable we all are...

you what ?

two of your mates died of drugs

1 died on a motorcycle

me: only drugs (these days) is beer, and I don't
    ride a motorcycle on public roads

looks like I'm less vulnerable than you Goffy.

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    And none asphyxiated by stockings and a piece of citrus fruit? Quelle horreur...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What?

None abducted by aliens... we'll have to do something about that.

Hey !"£$!"£$!, break out the special anal probe...

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic One of those sad conversations

One of those sad conversations

I was just chatting to the builder and we started talking about people we were at school with who have died. We were at school together in the same year currently in our mid 30s

In 2 minutes we came up with 6, (1 murdered 3 drug OD, 1 motorbike crash, 1 brain tumor), I'm sure there are probably more

I makes you realise how vulnerable we all are

Working...
X