• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "On the horns of a dilemma..."

Collapse

Guest replied
    Ta, bekky.

In fact, thanks everyone...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Might try a temp flatshare.

london.craigslist.org/ is good or loot maybe.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Definitely.

No one pays the rack rate in a place like that.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yep it is nice - it's also £130pn on a cheap day. Do you think I could negotiate on a 3 month stay?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Cojak, I have sent you the hotels details in your ez mailbox

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    there are some nice hotels around Paddington
    Certainly there are. £1200 a night "professional companions" don't like to slum it.

The Hilton Metropole on Edgware Road is very nice and close enough to W1 that you can walk it if you like. It is also outside the congestion charging zone (for the moment) if you are driving.
    www.hiltonlondonmet.com/

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    yes please, bekky (ignore him - there are some nice hotels around Paddington...)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Anyone familiar with the area will know what most "hotels in Paddington" are used for.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I didn't know Cojak was a CUK girl??

Wage Slave tip of the day; when staying in a London hotel, ask for an extra pillow

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Presumably you are being compensated well for this. Remeber to factor in travel to and from London, the cost of meals and something to compensate for the fact that you will be away from your wife/kids for most of the week. Although the last bit may prove to be a bonus.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Does taht mean that 3 of our favourite CUK girls are all around the same area (Cojak, Sandy and Beks)..... Why dont you just get a place together..... can we watch...............oooooh got to go!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Cojak,

A few of my fellow contractors here come from outside of London and they tend to stay at a hotel near Paddington (there are loads), and try to negociate a good rate with the hotel manager (if you stay like 3 months or something then you have some bargaining power)

I can ask around for some specific hotel recommendations if you like

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    If I'm in the City I stay up in Doncaster, train to Kings X, taxi or tube.
    At least the accommodation would be cheap. Anyone need a guesthouse in Doncaster pop along to Threaded's place.

Free use of the Lambo too.
    (If you can find it)

Spod.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ..not quite.

It wouldn't have occurred to Roger Rabbit to check - he'd have been straight in (Phnarr, Phnarr...)

But you're getting there.

(I do miss him tho'.. :\ )

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ..as opposed to "Got the horn"...
    Thought so, but decided to check anyway

Sorry WS, thought you were a possible successor to RR in the smut stakes.
    I have no idea who RR is, but I see my reputation is established. My work here is done :b

Leave a comment:

Working...
X