• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Political Debate my Rs"

Collapse

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by wxman
    ~ some of the VERY best curry eating to be had in Leicester by far.
    Too right. Gujarati food is my favourite. The Indian area is the best part of Leicester. Well, the bit with the food shops and restaurants.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Any comment that is not designed to encourage or incite violence or other abuse, AND is not true or fair comment, should be legal in a free society.

The same rule should apply in all cases, having these specific modifications to suit this or that group or belief is stupid and is nearly always at the behest of some pressure group. Law which appears to favour one group over another only increase predudice and resentment.

I suppose there is another dimension, whether a party that does not believe in equal rights for all UK citizens should ever be permitted to seek power, but given the probability of a BNP parliament at the moment that hardly needs consideration.

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    They didn't get off all the charges as there will be a retrial.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    <reboot>I seem to be agreeing with post man prat</reboot>

Nice rants guys, but who actualy saw the programme that spawned this case?

Griffin was speaking to a group of invited guests and what he did was provide his interpretation of the Koran. He also invited anyone who thought he was lying to go and buy a copy and check it for themselves.

What he said in this case was perfectly true.

I am only surprised that he BNP have not yet called for Islam and the Koran to be banned in the UK as inciting hatred and violence against non muslims. A charge which would be hard if not impossible to deny.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W
    I see those BNP scumbags got off those charges of incitement to violence? Personally I can't see how ranting to a pub full of pissed skinheads that 'ethnics must be shown the door' falls under the banner of 'Political Debate'.
    They were neither ranting in a pub or to skinheads.

Christ, the influence of the tabloids is everywhere!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    And what about the traditional British foods such as Crispy Duck, and a 12" Hawain with extra cheese...?

Racist!

Leave a comment:

• wxman
    replied
    Damm shame is that the side kick little Hitler actually lives in my Village! Which is Rothley, Leicestershire

Now down at the main village pub the bar gossip suggests that the squirt wont even make it to the bar before he is floored - come to think of it I have never seen him in there my self so perhaps he drinks down on the Melton road with the very people that he despises ??. I often drink down that way ~ some of the VERY best curry eating to be had in Leicester by far.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Well, maybe its all perfectly innocent and they were concerned that there were so many non-English speakers in the country - that couldnt understand the words 'Ladies' and 'Gents'... you see - that they were simply saying that we should welcome everyone from every country to come and live here if they want, as the lefties suggest, but maybe we should be terribly Brtitish and toilet train them as well. 'Showing them the door' simply means less embarrassment to Ladies of a Foreign Origin, and ensures they dont pee in urinals. If anything, using English to describe which toilet to use is racist in todays multi-cultural bliss that is the UK.

You only have to apply the same interpretation to the BNP as the unwashed masses do to Nu Labour, and it will all seem perfectly lovely.

Think along the lines of 'please dont cut up young children and dump them in the Thames as you think they are practicing witchcraft, if you dont mind old chap - you can claim a Tax Credit for each one you dont actually murder'.

See, life is simple really.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Only when last scumbag's right is protected can good citizen be sure that their rights will be upheld too.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    started a topic Political Debate my Rs

Political Debate my Rs

I see those BNP scumbags got off those charges of incitement to violence? Personally I can't see how ranting to a pub full of pissed skinheads that 'ethnics must be shown the door' falls under the banner of 'Political Debate'.

Working...
X