• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I hope he gets to eat his words"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Well I got the impression that England were well, how should I put it....

crap.

Admit it...
    Well not really. According to the FIFA world rankings, USA are the 11th best team in this tournament, we are the 8th. Also, USA nearly won the Confederation Cup last year - they beat Spain on the way to the final, where Brazil had to come back from 0-2 down to beat them.

So a draw wasn't unexpected against a team of that standard playing with a lot of energy. We did have more chances than they did.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    ....also the press have it in for Capello as he's stopped free press access to players, WAGS, etc etc so they have their own axe to grind.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    FTFY

crap.

Admit it, improve and win!!!
    If we were crap the result would have been a lot worse, but we definitely need to improve if we're going to get beyond the next round. I believe we will, we played a lot better than that in qualifying and we have players who are capable of a lot better than that.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

crap.

Too harsh. They were average, and against a fairly decent team who put in a good workmanlike performance. No doubt they will have to improve to progress very far, but that might be said about a lot of teams. No real harm done thus far, and as long as the next 2 games go reasonably well, a draw with the Yanks will soon scroll off the bottom of the page.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied

crap.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    FTFY
    And we all know who won in Escape to Victory don't we.....

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    It's bit like Hitler saying "France are crap", just because it took his army 36 hours to wipe the floor with them! He's just a sauerkraut.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    The germans scored 4 in their first game last time, and put 8 past Saudi Arabia in their first game in 2002.

Interestingly Miroslav Klose has scored 5 goals in both of the last two world cups.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    He's just a sauerkraut.
    [Homer Simpson mode]
    ...mmm Sauerkraut
    [/Homer Simpson mode]

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    BBC Sport - Football - Germany's Franz Beckenbauer criticises England style

The Germans are getting a bit ahead of themselves. Giving the aussies a thrashing is all well and good but they need to play a decent team before they can start proclaiming themselves favourites.
    WHS.

People are saying we need to top the group to avoid playing germany but I think we should just take them and make them our bitches..

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post

The Germans are getting a bit ahead of themselves. Giving the aussies a thrashing is all well and good but they need to play a decent team before they can start proclaiming themselves favourites.
    It's bit like Ferguson saying Chelsea are crap for drawing with Everton after Man Utd had just thrashed Bristol Rovers.

He's just a sauerkraut.
    Last edited by gingerjedi; 15 June 2010, 09:32. Reason: Fleetwood

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    started a topic I hope he gets to eat his words

I hope he gets to eat his words

Working...
X