• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Whitehall job cuts body needs more staff – to cut jobs"

Collapse

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Originally posted by Jabberwocky
    Power To The People - could equally be a Tory slogan.
    I think Tony used that back in 1997.... and of course he generously gave us 'The Peoples Charter'....

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Fair enough - here's your towel back.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Ho ho. You're making it up. So long, loser.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    I just read your posts sickpile.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Bizarre ? Is it bizarre that 36% of voters at the last election don't hold the same narrow-minded and self-centered views as yourself.
    And how do you know what my narrow-minded and self-centered views are?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Well if the Tories were in power then that statement would get you locked up for an indeterminate length of time. Or you would be shot - of course you could do the honorable thing and save the taxpayer the cost of a few good bullets.
    Unlike under the current labour government which has:

1. Increased the period you may be detained without charge from 48 hours to 1 month.
    2. Given the police the power to arrest any citizen at any time, whether an offence has been committed or not, as long as the police consider it "necessary".
    3. Given us a Prime Minister who says, "the police tell me what powers they want and I go and get them".

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Power To The People - could equally be a Tory slogan.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    PMSL... this reminds me of 'Citizen Smith' and Rik from the 'Young Ones'...

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    No, but those who do not share the same views as me will cease to exist come the revolution, as they will be the first against the wall.
    Well if the Tories were in power then that statement would get you locked up for an indeterminate length of time. Or you would be shot - of course you could do the honorable thing and save the taxpayer the cost of a few good bullets.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Originally posted by stackpole
    Knobjockey, the point is not that they hold different views to myself, it is that they hold such bizarre views. There is a difference.

But you should have spotted that I was being sarcastic - the clue is where I said no-one imagined could hold those views.
    Bizarre ? Is it bizarre that 36% of voters at the last election don't hold the same narrow-minded and self-centered views as yourself. Perhaps sir you lack the mental faculty to see beyond your own squalid little existence. Sarcasism really is the lowest form of wit, you know.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Not so. But noone alive who shares those views ? Just who do you think voted Labour into office ? It is supreme arrogance to believe that those who do not share the same views as yourself do not exist.
    Knobjockey, the point is not that they hold different views to myself, it is that they hold such bizarre views. There is a difference.

But you should have spotted that I was being sarcastic - the clue is where I said no-one imagined could hold those views.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    No, but those who do not share the same views as me will cease to exist come the revolution, as they will be the first against the wall.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Malta Witty = Knobjockey
    Not so. But noone alive who shares those views ? Just who do you think voted Labour into office ? It is supreme arrogance to believe that those who do not share the same views as yourself do not exist.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by stackpole
    Tony, Malta Witty is probably xog, or some equally bored soul. There is nobody alive, dead or imagined who could feasibly hold those views.

He's right about one thing though - Blair is determined to be the golden boy of Europe, and he'd sell the UK down the river to do it!
    Malta Witty = Knobjockey

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    Malta Witty - What village can boast having you as its idiot? Surely your village is the envy of all the others when it comes to the national village idiot awards. Well Done!
    Tony, Malta Witty is probably xog, or some equally bored soul. There is nobody alive, dead or imagined who could feasibly hold those views.

He's right about one thing though - Blair is determined to be the golden boy of Europe, and he'd sell the UK down the river to do it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X