• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Non-emergency '999' service to have 10p charge"

Collapse

• milanbenes
    replied
    wc2,

brilliant

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• wc2
    replied
    999 of the future

Indian call centre "Hello this is being the emergency service, is your call an emergency ?"

Caller "I think so"

Indian call centre "I am telling you Sir, If you are not be having an emergency I will have to be taking credit card details"

Caller "I've been stabbed"

Indian call centre "Please wait sir, I have am not knowing If charges apply to this call, Please wait" - Tacky hold music - "Your call does not match anything on my system" - "Please wait" - Click

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    started a topic Non-emergency '999' service to have 10p charge

Non-emergency '999' service to have 10p charge

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/thi...icle322824.ece

"The public will have to pay 10p to call the police for non-emergency matters on an alternative 999 system, the Home Office is proposing. ",

feck's sake another stealth tax no matter how small

haven't you already paid for the police to be at the end of a telephone line by paying your taxes ?

haven't you already paid for the cost of the call by paying bt or the network provider ?

Milan.

Working...
X