• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: I hate HR people

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I hate HR people"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    Are you suggesting someone in HR is getting a brown paper envelope for putting people off only to take them back on through agents?

Well, I've never heard of such fraudulent behaviour, much!
    There is actually a single word for that fraud in Danish. Interesting how in English it takes more than 10.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Possibly in this case what HR is for is to ensure that candidates go through this agency.

Nah, that would be dishonest.
    Are you suggesting someone in HR is getting a brown paper envelope for putting people off only to take them back on through agents?

Well, I've never heard of such fraudulent behaviour, much!

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I contacted an old client to see if thay had any work. Client says they may have and puts me in contact with internal HR. HR say they have no roles at the moment. In the meantime an agency contacts me to tell me the client has a role, I contact HR again first, no roles according to them. Agency asks if I should be put forward. As they have apparently have no roles I say yes to shut the agency up.

Today HR contact me about a role they have and would I like to be submitted. I say yes, then they get back to me because an agency has already submitted me!!!

What are HR for, but to mess everything up!?

FFS!
    Possibly in this case what HR is for is to ensure that candidates go through this agency.

Nah, that would be dishonest.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    I didn't because it would have seemed that I was calling them liars. HR were adamant there was no role, and the agency was adament there was, so it seemed to me the agency was lying so I told them to go ahead and submit me if there were a role.
    hmm you could have just said "by the way just to let you know there is an agency out there offering roles in your organisation" and told them the details.

Good luck anyway.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Its not often I agree with agents : but in this case contractors and agents unite.

Why can't HR people go and get a real job like become an estate agent?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I contacted an old client to see if thay had any work. Client says they may have and puts me in contact with internal HR. HR say they have no roles at the moment. In the meantime an agency contacts me to tell me the client has a role, I contact HR again first, no roles according to them. Agency asks if I should be put forward. As they have apparently have no roles I say yes to shut the agency up.

Today HR contact me about a role they have and would I like to be submitted. I say yes, then they get back to me because an agency has already submitted me!!!

FFS!
    It only makes sense if you work for HR.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    so when you contacted HR again after agency called you did you tell them that agency was calling you?

Anyway if you got your CV to company before agency did then your direct approach takes precedence.

I didn't because it would have seemed that I was calling them liars. HR were adamant there was no role, and the agency was adament there was, so it seemed to me the agency was lying so I told them to go ahead and submit me if there were a role.
    Apparently it's first to submit on the system, and stupid HR person didn't do it!
    I suppose if the agency can get my expected rate then not all is lost. Mind you I have another direct role I'm going for first.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 12 January 2009, 20:18.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Human Remains people never surprise me with their incompetance.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

FFS!
    Bagpuss for PM

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    Current client has been finishing contractors in favour of permies. HR muppets are getting right clueless jokers in.

Seeing as my thing is to fix ****ed up systems I must say I heartily welcome more of this HR muppetry!

Contractor Rodeo!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Didn't you give HR the name of the guy you spoke to first?

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    so when you contacted HR again after agency called you did you tell them that agency was calling you?

Anyway if you got your CV to company before agency did then your direct approach takes precedence.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    That exemplifies the HR mindset versus the agency mindset.

Client: hmm, maybe I need a contractor.
    HR: Stop! You need to fill in these 5 forms and get sign-off from the CEO and at least 2 members of the Royal Family. Don't bother us again until you've got everything ready.

Client: hmm, maybe I need a contractor.
    Agent: OK, I'll hit the phones and get you 3 to choose from before Fifteen to One starts.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

FFS!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    started a topic I hate HR people

I hate HR people

FFS!

Working...
X