• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Credit to Gordon Brown where it is due."

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    It's about the only paper left with any real news in it. I have been a subscriber since 1986.
    I have almost every issue since it started, although I'm missing about five including the first.

I still buy it out of habit, although to be honest I'm not that interested in much of it such as goings on in journalism and local government.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Fantastic! What a great find. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    They are great. Wuthering Heights:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSed1...eature=related

and Life on Mars:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxCj2...eature=related

I'm taking the family later this year.

Leave a comment:

• HeliCraig
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Just found this video of them performing Smells Like Teen Spirit on the show.
    Have to say I just listened to the sample of that and was wondering if it continued as well as it started.... impressed.

Might even make it the first legit CD purchase of the year!!

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    They were fabulous on Jools and there was an interesting prog on radio4 about them a while back.
    Just found this video of them performing Smells Like Teen Spirit on the show.

Leave a comment:

• HeliCraig
    replied
    They were fabulous on Jools and there was an interesting prog on radio4 about them a while back.
    I am just listening to some of their sample MP3's - they are actually very good, perhaps I shall concede defeat to my infinitely more knowledgeable friend.

Or perhaps not.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
    Now that is brilliance.

I shall throw this in to our conversation next time - although I am somewhat worried about my friend as he is going to the arse end of nowhere in Wales this weekend to watch a concert by the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain.

I kid you not. (see here)

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Blimey, the chap on the right has a biggun

Leave a comment:

• HeliCraig
    replied
    I have had several similar conversations - my mate (and fellow Eye subscriber - we have bought each other subs over the years too) plans to buy up barn conversions when he wins the lottery and spend money converting them all back to barns.
    Now that is brilliance.

I shall throw this in to our conversation next time - although I am somewhat worried about my friend as he is going to the arse end of nowhere in Wales this weekend to watch a concert by the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    I won't tell you how old I was in 1986.

A friend and I have agreed to get each other a subscription for Christmas. Totally pointless promise, but it amused us; and it seems like a good idea.

We had had several beers at this point.

We also decided that if we had infinite money we might lease a fleet of 9 astra combi vans and have the word "arsecakes" printed on the back, 1 letter per van; then park them up in various car parks in a row. Seemed amusing at the time.

Less beer me thinks.

I have had several similar conversations - my mate (and fellow Eye subscriber - we have bought each other subs over the years too) plans to buy up barn conversions when he wins the lottery and spend money converting them all back to barns.

Leave a comment:

• HeliCraig
    replied
    I have been a subscriber since 1986.
    I won't tell you how old I was in 1986.

A friend and I have agreed to get each other a subscription for Christmas. Totally pointless promise, but it amused us; and it seems like a good idea.

We had had several beers at this point.

We also decided that if we had infinite money we might lease a fleet of 9 astra combi vans and have the word "arsecakes" printed on the back, 1 letter per van; then park them up in various car parks in a row. Seemed amusing at the time.

Less beer me thinks.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    I believe also in last weeks Private Eye. Not that I would read such piffle. Honest.
    It's about the only paper left with any real news in it. I have been a subscriber since 1986.

Leave a comment:

• HeliCraig
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    "No more boom and bust". Well he was 50% right.
    I believe also in last weeks Private Eye. Not that I would read such piffle. Honest.

"Credit to Gordon Brown where it is due...."

Well he will be needing a lot of credit to get us out of this fine mess. Shame that while the rest of the economy is tightening its belt Gordy goes out and blows more money (he hasn't got) on nursery places, broadband and prescriptions. Sheer, unadulterated brilliance.

Pillock.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Didn't see the speech apart from the odd snippet on the news last night, but the quote I saw on some news site this morning about Brownstuff saying the Conservatives weren't to be trusted with the economy had me pissing myself.

Fortunately my fellow office colleagues thought it was just down to my age and incontinence is to be expected.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

Well Brillo, at least one person found it funny.
    And you were just pretending?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X