• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Wedding Prezzie!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wedding Prezzie!"

Collapse

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Wedding lists

Last time I was in John Lewises there was a couple being led around to write their wedding list. Both obviously 35-year-old accountants who had absolutely no need to be given loads of expensive presents. They were cooing over an expensive spatula and I just wanted to shove it up his arse.

(and hers, but for different reasons).

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    I'm not sure anybody gets married just for the presents.
    Absolutely agree.

They do it for the tax breaks as well.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    On a similar theme, could we have andyw back for a day? He's just a poll option/legend to me, I'd love the opportunity to chat to him until he got banned again

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    I think it's customary for the BTB and GTB to create an online Wedding List at M&S, Amazon, Harrods, John Lewis and HMV, and then hassle all their guests to buy them stuff.

Wedding these days seem less about the act of fideltity and more about a shopping extravaganza paid for by the familes of the bride and groom.
    How very cynical.

You're supposed to give the happy couple a gift to help them along in their lives. It's tradition.

I'm not sure anybody gets married just for the presents.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Does your fiance know all that?
    Hey my fiance might BE the creator!!! Who knows!!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Ah I loved Duder!!!

Imagine how many failed dates he would have been on recently? He could keep us amused all day!!

(I think I may be secretly in love with his creator - he was such a brilliant character, whoever owns him must be a comedy genius in my book. Oh my god - if his creator is an older man of power, who also wears jumpers I might have to call the wedding off!!!! )
    Does your fiance know all that?

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I think it's customary for the BTB and GTB to create an online Wedding List at M&S, Amazon, Harrods, John Lewis and HMV, and then hassle all their guests to buy them stuff.

Wedding these days seem less about the act of fideltity and more about a shopping extravaganza paid for by the familes of the bride and groom.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Isn't Threshers up for sale?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Oh God

Are you sure - can't we just get you a wine rack?
    Ah I loved Duder!!!

Imagine how many failed dates he would have been on recently? He could keep us amused all day!!

(I think I may be secretly in love with his creator - he was such a brilliant character, whoever owns him must be a comedy genius in my book. Oh my god - if his creator is an older man of power, who also wears jumpers I might have to call the wedding off!!!! )

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    El Duder back for a day

Ideally my last day at work, Thursday 24th July.

Oh God

Are you sure - can't we just get you a wine rack?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    (Y*uP**n)
    What swear word is that Zeity?!!!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    ask away. didn't i already offer on behalf of everyone? i'm sure cuk big wigs would acquiesce for a bit of advertising space on the wedding dress...
    You did you did....and what a fabulous idea it was too

What I would like cannot be purchased.....and I would, never really know who it was from so it would be off everybody (although the Admins would play a very special part in it)......

What I would adore, as a special wedding present from CUK to me is....
    El Duder back for a day

Ideally my last day at work, Thursday 24th July.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Would it be rude of me to ask CUK for a wedding prezzie do you think?

Cause there's something I'd really really really love...
    ask away. didn't i already offer on behalf of everyone? i'm sure cuk big wigs would acquiesce for a bit of advertising space on the wedding dress...

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied

You can always ask, whether you get it different.

If you just want a or a you only have to ask

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied

But where are we going to get that much chocolate sauce?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X