• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: How much...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How much..."

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    I agree (perhaps not as strongly as so very wrong), but more in the sense that it does seem counter-intuitive to use land not to produce food for people but fuel for cars instead.

I know what a starving person in a 3rd world country would value more.
    Yeah, so do I.

It starts with "The absence of a tribal, uneducated, corrupt and oppresive government!"

Also, water is more important than food in the medium to long term.

It's not productive for civilisation to keep bailing out 3rd world countries the way we are. Longer term structured planning needs to be conducted and those plans need to be put into place.

As for use of bio-fuel, I'm all for it, it would certainly cut down on carbon emissions!

Churchill - In "Yes I currently have 3 cars but there is a reason why God invented the V8 Engine!" mode!

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    There's something so very wrong about growing grain for making petrol/diesel instead of using it to help feed people........
    I agree (perhaps not as strongly as so very wrong), but more in the sense that it does seem counter-intuitive to use land not to produce food for people but fuel for cars instead.

I know what a starving person in a 3rd world country would value more.

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Closer to God = further from refinery
    Well you'd think wouldn't you but the refinery at Hull is down the road and its still more bloody expensive than London, what a crock.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
    T'was 120.9 in Kingston on Friday, Just filled up back up back in Gods own country and its 126.9! Obviously I'm just paying a premium for living in Yorkshire with the almighty
    Closer to God = further from refinery

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    T'was 120.9 in Kingston on Friday, Just filled up back up back in Gods own country and its 126.9! Obviously I'm just paying a premium for living in Yorkshire with the almighty

Leave a comment:

• bobsyouruncle
    replied
    get a bike

HTH

Leave a comment:

• shoes
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    There's something so very wrong about growing grain for making petrol/diesel instead of using it to help feed people........
    I think we should liquidise babies and run our cars on that. And use the tears of the mothers as windscreen washer fluid.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

FFS they can now drive the supermarket to get their food for a fraction of the cost !

Leave a comment:

• skelm
    replied
    Texaco 129.9

BP 125.9

Rip off!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    make beer

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Oh FFS!

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    I'm seriously considering buying an old non-turbo diesel without a common rail and finding a decent supplier of vegetable oil...
    Have you seen this site:

www.etruk.com

They make ready made converters.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Good news

Should help make the SL65 AMG a little more affordable. It does 11 MPG if driven carefully around town.

But then it does have a twin-turbo 6.0 litre V12 developing over 600bhp.
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 19 May 2008, 09:50.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Anywhere from 119.9 to 129.9 around here.

Looking at going for an LPG conversion for the next car.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X