• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Indie chart

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Indie chart"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    What about Ozric Tentacles?

All their tracks sound exactly the same...

Plus the advantage of no singing whatever...
    Is that the Aldebaran equivalent of Status Quo?

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw
    Not sold on the new album yet (Still listening), but the last one was superb - every now and then a band comes along who're completely original, for my money they're it in the last decade.
    I saw them at a tiny wee place over here last year and they were pretty underwhelming as a live act which surprised me as they have a good reputation in that dept.

I also find young Mr Turner a bit too up himself but thats probably just the slide into old gitdom.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by theemeestroo
    Crock of crap.

Where are the Mondays? Or Charlatans, Inspiral Carpets......or even blur (never much of a fan but still!!) And what is Nirvana doing in there? Weren't they grunge. If they are in then Pearl Jam, Sonic Youth, Soundgarden etc should be in there as well.

Youth of today.....they haven't got a clue
    Umm, let's be honest - and I was a massive fan of all of these bands - they didn't exactly leave a lasting legacy of great tunes - the first three have probably got maybe 10 great songs between them.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by freakydancer
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6623715.stm

Arctic Monkeys in the top 10?? I dispair....
    Not sold on the new album yet (Still listening), but the last one was superb - every now and then a band comes along who're completely original, for my money they're it in the last decade.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I'd like to take out that Smiths dirge at number and put the Arctic Monkeys one place higher.

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    Pah!!!

<old fart retired contractor role>
    Vaguely heard of the Artic Monkeys and blur and Charlatans. All total tulipe from the bits I have heard. Who the hell are Mondays, Inspiral Carpets, Pearl Jam, Sonic Youth, Soundgarden??????
    </old fart retired contractor role>

Not sure if I liked anything by Nirvana or not so looked them up, never 'eard 'em but "Territorial Pissings" and "Moist Vagina" sound good to me.

If you ever feel in the mood to lop some feckers head off, Territorial Pissings is definitely a good soundtrack choice

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    Pah!!!

Vaguely heard of the Artic Monkeys and blur and Charlatans. All total tulipe from the bits I have heard. Who the hell are Mondays, Inspiral Carpets, Pearl Jam, Sonic Youth, Soundgarden??????

Not sure if I liked anything by Nirvana or not so looked them up, never 'eard 'em but "Territorial Pissings" and "Moist Vagina" sound good to me.
    In my day we got nothing more suggestive than "Cumberland Gap"!!!

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    These lists are no more authoritative than a CUK poll

Honestly: "In August 2006, Oasis's Live Forever was named the greatest song of all time in a poll for Q Magazine." Must be true then!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Pah!!!

Leave a comment:

• theemeestroo
    replied
    Crock of crap.

Where are the Mondays? Or Charlatans, Inspiral Carpets......or even blur (never much of a fan but still!!) And what is Nirvana doing in there? Weren't they grunge. If they are in then Pearl Jam, Sonic Youth, Soundgarden etc should be in there as well.

Youth of today.....they haven't got a clue

Leave a comment:

• XTC
    replied
    Originally posted by freakydancer

I like em, okay they are from Sheffield, but still..

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    started a topic Indie chart

Indie chart

Working...
X