• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How To Drop Out Of Society"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956
    When one has had enough of all the sh*t that life has to offer, what is the best way to drop out of society (without topping oneself of course)?
    Become a recruitment agent and screw everyone

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956
    Thanks ! That's her. When is it on ?

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall
    Might have to tune in again, are we talking the dark haired one ?
    wow

http://www.evangeline-lilly.net/

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Looked like a thong to me...
    Might have to tune in again, are we talking the dark haired one ?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Down in the Jungle - living in a tent
    You dont use money - you dont pay rent
    Dont even know the Time - but you don't mind

When youre pile - is on the wane
    You dont complain - of Robbery

Whats the use of Worrying ?
    Whats the use of Hurrying ?

Whats the use of Anything ?

Ho - Hey Ho - Ho Hey Ho ...

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Looked like a thong to me...
    definately worn beneath the outer layer of clothing... so undies shirley?

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    The little minx was down to undies in last weeks episode
    Her undies must be getting very tatty ?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    I know why I watch.
    Kate is georgeous
    The little minx was down to undies in last weeks episode

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Still don't know why I'm watching this crap.
    I know why I watch.
    Kate is georgeous

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Thanks zeity.

Er, what does it mean?

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    The other thing to do is to join a religious cult. A week of two's isolation in a countryide setting being brainwashed by lovebombing, being half starved to death and overexercising and listening to bogus lectures on false prophets that live in a Californian mansion with a fleet of Rolls Royces and probably an ammunition factory somewhere is just the ticket to heaven you need and the passport to leaving contracting behind. From then on you'll be flogging bunches of flowers for a tenner a throw for 14 hours a day..

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    The guy Desmond on "Lost" tried that & look what happened to him...
    I don't watch Lost. What happened to Desmond?

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Hope on the Bus - Gus
    Make a new plan - Stan
    Drop of the Quai - Lee

And set yourself - Free

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark Black
    Interesting little thread this - particularly since a couple of months ago, after 17 odd years in IT I had enough, chucked the well paid permie role and left.

The last two months have been the best for a very long time - till last week when I decided perhaps a contract might be a good idea for a while, popped the CV up on one of the websites and was surprised that the phone didnt stop ringing all week. I ended up going along to an interview (still not sure why), didnt really try hard but got offered the gig at a good rate. I'm due to start next week checks permitting but TBH I'm really not sure it's something I want to be doing anymore...

So dropping out - a wonderful idea but I really not sure what to do next!!!

You've probably not had a long enough break yet !? I have been dropping out and dropping back in for about the same time as you have been in the game. Sometimes it takes 6 months before I can drum up enough 'enthusiasm' to get the CV out again. There aren't many easier and more flexible ways of earning a living so I'd hang on in there in one form or another.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Read a brilliant book by an english bloke who joined the legion. Apparently regime was brutal and they had to learn loads of songs in french which were a nightmare. Some of the on and off-duty tales were good though.
    Too tough for my desk-riding, used to my comforts ass I fear.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X