• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who would you vote for next Conservative leader?"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Makes sense really - if poverty was eliminated and everybody was a higher rate taxpayer then budget deficit will be dealt with very nicely...
    Well with automation and ageing we need more tax to fund our lifestyle.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Rishi Sunak to crack down on degrees that don’t make students lots of money.
    Makes sense really - if poverty was eliminated and everybody was a higher rate taxpayer then budget deficit will be dealt with very nicely...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Here's a policy from Squishy Bumcrack that I approve of.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/08/07/rishi...oney-17140823/
    does sort of make sense to review them. also apprenticeships are now offering degrees and driving the value for money part because the employer is paying.

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied

Will he crack down on marriages that don't make the groom loads of money?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Out of the two options I'd go for Truss but I wouldn't expect either of them to last very long in the job - I don't think the party would win the next election with either of them.
    Well that's the real conundrum, isn't it. Labour have done nothing to prove they should be the government - they don't even have any coherent policies right now - and the prospective PMs are not what you call people to set the world on fire.

The next election will come down to how well whoever wins (and that will be Truss in all probability) addresses the myriad issues, most importantly being the cost of living and lack of success on a range of other key stuff. And that really depends on forming and motivating a very good cabinet to get things done. Snag is, there aren't enough solidly capable Tory MPs to work with; enough for the major offices perhaps but no more than that!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Out of the two options I'd go for Truss but I wouldn't expect either of them to last very long in the job - I don't think the party would win the next election with either of them.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Sadly it will affect us all, some of us at the top of earnings scale will watch those at the bottom suffer. Much as I think the idiots in charge are very responsible for the recession actually its going to be like 2008 and be a worldwide one.

Yeah because its Xenophobic to question illegal economic migrants when you are in the government. They should according to some around here welcome anyone who lands on our shore regardless of intent or how they affect the current citizenry, feck me you lot are naive. Of course looking at all the candidates selected by the party their Xenophobia was obvious.
    If you say so. You and the daily wail know best

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Highly unlikely any policy change will really impact me too much. No mortgage, don't smoke, don't drink much, got a decent job even though I could stop working at 52 and never work again. Unless they ban my sports car, or tax the Zwift app by £1000 a month, I'm probably going to be ok.

These 2 are in a party full of xenophobe MPs and members who put them in the last 2 places to be PM ... at the very least they are complicit although I'm happy to be proven otherwise if one comes to power and sorts their party out.
    Sadly it will affect us all, some of us at the top of earnings scale will watch those at the bottom suffer. Much as I think the idiots in charge are very responsible for the recession actually its going to be like 2008 and be a worldwide one.

Yeah because its Xenophobic to question illegal economic migrants when you are in the government. They should according to some around here welcome anyone who lands on our shore regardless of intent or how they affect the current citizenry, feck me you lot are naive. Of course looking at all the candidates selected by the party their Xenophobia was obvious.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Highly unlikely any policy change will really impact me too much. No mortgage, don't smoke, don't drink much, got a decent job even though I could stop working at 52 and never work again. Unless they ban my sports car, or tax the Zwift app by £1000 a month, I'm probably going to be ok.

These 2 are in a party full of xenophobe MPs and members who put them in the last 2 places to be PM ... at the very least they are complicit although I'm happy to be proven otherwise if one comes to power and sorts their party out.
    Probably not too wise to rely on the decisions of MPs. They were in last place behind a bunch of candidates with little or no ministerial experience and no political successes worthy of the name.

And don't forget, these are a group who have binned their best chance of winning an election over something completely trivial and for which he has apologised at some length, and at the worst possible time for a change of leader. The former is something for which he should be punished, but the latter shows just how much they care for the country above their own inflated sense of importance.

Thankfully, Sir Snoozefest is in no position to capitalise on it.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Well they are in charge the next 2 years so it behooves you to care, if those are issues that matter. The party will clearly be different depending on who leads it. I don't know either these 2 are xenophobes and how they tackle it in their party would be for instance worth considering.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

they speak highly of you too.

Sadly for you (luckily for the country) there is no chance of Labour getting near the throne any time soon.
    Never voted labour in my life, never will. Really couldn't give 2 hoots what anyone thinks of me.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Sexist!!!

HTH

SueEllen
    Not really probably the best man for the job never stood as a candidate.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    The Best Man for the job.
    Sexist!!!

HTH

SueEllen

Leave a comment:

Working...
X