• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: audi tt

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "audi tt"

Collapse

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    Fair point, for 25k an S2000 would be hard to beat IMO but most people need a compromise of some sorts for practicality reasons and most true sports cars are anything but!
    I have an s2000, you just need a POS banger for taking stuff to the tip.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by dotnetter
    Yeah but your quoted the statement about the V8, did you not?

Anyway if your taking this seriously then you need to get out more.
    So your planet fuking days are over??!!

I'm only playing with you, I'd love a V8 but it’s not socially acceptable to drive one these days plus Gordon Brown would be getting even more of my cash!

Leave a comment:

• theemeestroo
    replied
    What you need is one of these

http://www.dodge.com/charger/

Great until you come to a corner!!

Leave a comment:

• dotnetter
    replied
    But you drive a BMW now right?
    Yeah but your quoted the statement about the V8, did you not?

Anyway if your taking this seriously then you need to get out more.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    He said he swapped the Jag for the M3 Roadster, so he's a straight-six kinda guy now.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Hang on just thought the V8 was a Jaguar you dount
    But you drive a BMW now right?

Leave a comment:

• dotnetter
    replied
    Hang on just thought the V8 was a Jaguar you dount

Leave a comment:

• dotnetter
    replied
    And people wonder why BMW drivers are so often thought of as arrogant self obsessed tossers???
    lol forums can be so funny sometimes

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Fuk the planet, I estimated my V8 was killing a squirrel every mile!

That not including the ones I hovered up into my radiator along the A13!
    And people wonder why BMW drivers are so often thought of as arrogant self obsessed tossers???

Leave a comment:

• dotnetter
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    You guys with your sports cars. Shouldn't you be driving a Prius to save the planet?
    Fuk the planet, I estimated my V8 was killing a squirrel every mile!

That not including the ones I hovered up into my radiator along the A13!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    You guys with your sports cars. Shouldn't you be driving a Prius to save the planet?

Leave a comment:

• dotnetter
    replied
    Save 10k and get a second hand M roadster!

I've got a Z3 (yes i know hairdressers car blah blah), but it proper fun to drive, well built, economical, and goes round corners like anything!

You can get the back out whenever you want without killing yourself, and I think its a really good looking car sports car!

I originally bought a V8 4.0L Jag S-Type which was bloody fast but drunk petrol too much, was built by Ford so the electrics went all the time and the header tank split in the summer! so I ended up giving it back to the dealer and taking the Z3 off them cos it was the same value.

Jag was a lovely car though, Z3 just goes on and on without a hicup, love it!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    And you drive a Skoda as well?

I'd go for a Bugatti Veyron, but drive a diesel lawnmower.
    Not for £25k you wouldn't.

Yes, I do drive a Skoda, and very happy with it I am too.
    (I will be buying a Brera this summer though. The Skoda belongs to the company. It's comfortable, economical and apart from my BIK, free.)

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    [QUOTE=gingerjedi]...too much chest beating and stag rutting going on in this thread...QUOTE]

there's a fair amount of it going on on every thread!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    If I spend 25k on a 'sports car' I'd rather they had bothered to make it as one, I mean what does it take to make a proper RWD car? Just a little more money! But they know they could stick a 1.4 in it and still sell it, because they are selling it to aperationals and/ or women, i.e. not petrolheads. This car appeals to the same people who bought the 206 cc. The MR2 costs 15k and would be infinitely more fun to drive.
    Fair point, for 25k an S2000 would be hard to beat IMO but most people need a compromise of some sorts for practicality reasons and most true sports cars are anything but!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X