• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "They kicked her out of Oz..."

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You may 'deport' the Hopkins. But you cannot silence the truth.
    Ah. A perfect example of a non-sequitur.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    And she's landed.

Hopefully she will be banned from Instagram too ..

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...ralia-12359546

COVID-19: Katie Hopkins arrives in the UK after being deported from Australia The former Apprentice contestant, who told followers she was going to "take back our freedoms", arrives in London just over 24 hours after most legal COVID restrictions had been dropped in England.

Former reality TV contestant Katie Hopkins has arrived back in the UK after being deported from Australia for joking about breaching her hotel quarantine.

Touching down at Heathrow overnight, the far-right commentator said "it's nice not to wear a mask again" before stepping into black Mercedes and being driven away.

In a now-deleted post on Instagram, which is one of the only social media platforms Hopkins has not been banned from, she wrote: "You may 'deport' the Hopkins. But you cannot silence the truth.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

who wouldn't he is a pratt
    Oy, feck off .....

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Australia is currently governed by the liberal party, described as "The Liberal Party of Australia is a major centre-right political party in Australia". Ergo, Australia is currently right wing, as is the UK.

Being right wing isn't a bad thing. Nor is being left wing, particularly.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

They are pro managed immigration, they don't like lowly paid economic migrants, law & order is important and they believe being in Australia is a privilege that non citizens should respect. Hence the slaver & lefties believe they are right wing.

Horribly 1950 style.
    The slaver thinks they are so right wing they actually have an Australian edition....

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Strange a right-wing nation is one of the most egalitarian societies who has about the hardest lockdown policy in the world. All I hear is right wing people don't believe in Covid or lockdowns...
    They are pro managed immigration, they don't like lowly paid economic migrants, law & order is important and they believe being in Australia is a privilege that non citizens should respect. Hence the slaver & lefties believe they are right wing.

Horribly 1950 style.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Strange a right-wing nation is one of the most egalitarian societies who has about the hardest lockdown policy in the world. All I hear is right wing people don't believe in Covid or lockdowns...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It's really quite an achievement to be too right wing for the Oz government.
    "Too right mate. Some people here think Hitler was a bit of a leftie. " - Radioactive, BBC Radio 4 comedy show of the 80s.

its not because she is too right wing - its because she is too fecking stupid.
    True.
    The Australians aren't right wing
    False.

GigiBronz - stop the trolling. I don't care whether you honestly hold the opinions you post, but we won't tolerate this kind of spamming and thread derailing. Off topic posts (and those that quote them) removed. Please see NickFitz's post above.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Nah you are just worried because you agree with Vetran about our Owen Jones.
    who wouldn't he is a pratt

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty

Tell you what fella ... you start an intelligent thread first, and we'll join in the discussion.

Or you could post your normal, self pity drivel and get the response it deserve. I mean, FFS, it comes to something when Vetran is making you look dim
    Nah you are just worried because you agree with Vetran about our Owen Jones.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    don't we know it

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz

They've also had massive exodus of educate and un-educated people. That the West has also taken for granted.
    don't we know it

Don't worry Giggler we don't take you for granted!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

quite brexitier of you.

the world no longer has borders. people are allowed to travel and settle anywhere. she must have had a permit for her residence under which she must have had some rights associated with it. Oz is not a free democratic country. Neither the UK in that case.

let's say I work 15y in a country, have a house, children and family established there. all of a sudden from allegations coming out of nowhere police handcuff me and deport me without a right to say.
    and it is so easily for someone to make allegations against you nowadays, we've seen plenty of false allegations in the newspapers.
    I've never had a brush with the law, not even a point on my driving licence. But at any point in your life things can go sideways without you having any fault in it.
    She isn't living there. She's in a hotel, over there on a visitor/temp work visa. She's in an isolation hotel, barely off the plane ... now to be put back on it again.

If you want to stay in a country that is not where you was born without fear of deportation, then get citizenship surely? Anything less an you are just a visitor with a right to stay whilst the government allows it.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    why aren't they charging her for what she did? cancelling her visa is a bit extreme. she should have the same rights as the OZ citizens at a fair trail.
    Is the gov above the law and can deport people at their own will?

She seems to be a nutter so not on her side but it seems to me that is an abuse.
    Since she was sacked from the TV show her right to remain in the country for work would presumably expire anyway. Good publicity for the TV show though.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    why aren't they charging her for what she did?
    Because that will cost money. Better to just deport.

cancelling her visa is a bit extreme.
    Why? She broke the rules so will be deported. Seems fair enough.

she should have the same rights as the OZ citizens at a fair trail.
    She's not Australian. Why should she be treated the same? She went into the country under a visa, broke the rules, gets deported. Most countries do this.

Is the gov above the law and can deport people at their own will?
    No, and yes. No they are not above the law. But the law allows for anyone breaking the rules to be deported. It really is that simple.

She seems to be a nutter so not on her side but it seems to me that is an abuse.
    She's a horrible attention seeker. She is rightly being deported.

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X