• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are Agency Workers expected to give feedback to employees?"

Collapse

• tarantino
    replied
    Thank you both

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I don't think it's unreasonable to offer feedback if it's asked for, regardless of your IR35 status. People want to develop, learn and improve and they can only do that if someone is willing to give them feedback on their work.

I'm already awesome, so there's nothing to improve on, but I hear that's what the plebs do.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    There was a slacking contractor at a client. I had to pick up his slack. I mean he would sit on a tickets for weeks and then take time off and client would then ask me to do those outstanding tickets under pressure as they were now due. Happened multiple times.

You can bet i gave the client feedback on that other contractor.

This contractor was on the same rate is me, had he been a lot lower then i might have not have been so pissed off with him. Why that makes any difference, i'm not sure.

There were other obviously slacking contractors in the other teams, but they were none of my business, didn't effect me and if asked for feedback i would of just said 'no comment'. But very unlikely they would ask for feedback on contractors i had never worked directly with.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 7 June 2021, 06:46.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by tarantino View Post
    Hi I transitioned to an Agency Worker status last year due to IR35, and before was a contractor. It was very clear as a contractor that you are not expected to give feedback to employees for their appraisals or get involved in that process. Is it the same for Agency Workers, as I've been asked to give feedback and have politely declined, but the employee has been a bit pushy. I just really don't want to get involved in this process... I can find lots of stuff online about rules for giving Agency Workers feedback/appraisal type processes, but nothing the other way round...
    If you are inside IR35 go ahead. It's feedback not an appraisal, in the same way you give feedback to Dixons when you buy a TV, internal IT support or any other company.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 7 June 2021, 06:00.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by tarantino View Post
    Hi I transitioned to an Agency Worker status last year due to IR35, and before was a contractor. It was very clear as a contractor that you are not expected to give feedback to employees for their appraisals or get involved in that process. Is it the same for Agency Workers, as I've been asked to give feedback and have politely declined, but the employee has been a bit pushy. I just really don't want to get involved in this process... I can find lots of stuff online about rules for giving Agency Workers feedback/appraisal type processes, but nothing the other way round...
    Just say they are a bunch of s. They won't ask you again next year.

Leave a comment:

• Are Agency Workers expected to give feedback to employees?

Working...
X