• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lord Moylan claims South Vietnam still exists"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Lots of but no one is producing said figures. Come on. If Britian is doing great and the EU is doing crap, or vice versa - where are your figures? N.B. show your working....
    Like this sort of thing: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56940720
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57008220
    Last edited by d000hg; 6 May 2021, 13:14.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

The latest figures that only exist in your head
    Oh dear, facts not feelings.

https://www.ey.com/en_uk/news/2021/0...20in%20January.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Lots of but no one is producing said figures. Come on. If Britian is doing great and the EU is doing crap, or vice versa - where are your figures? N.B. show your working....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

He can have a nice place. I'm more than happy for him to have a nice place.

Taking illegal bungs, that evade tax, and break the ministerial code, from donors wanting leverage, is not the right way to go about it though.
    This is one argument why leaders should be highly paid and have all these things as part of the job, to remove temptation or at least make it a lot more expensive. It should cost millions to buy the PM's favor!
    However this is all conjecture anyway. 'Allegedly' as they used to say on HIGNFY

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Germany dispensed twice as many vaccines as the UK yesterday. The UK's vaccination miracle is waning by the day.
    Mods - Shouldn't this be in the Brexit forum, rather than polluting this thread with off-topic Europhiliac crowing?

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

It's not like getting behind Peter Sutcliffe being a good lorry driver, you complete helmet.

We're on a growth route while the rest of Europe is set to enter a recession according to latest figures.
    The latest figures that only exist in your head

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    We're on a growth route while the rest of Europe is set to enter a recession according to latest figures.
    I look forward to seeing it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I think the thing they got right is quite a big thing though. I'd rather have a vaccinated nation with a fish shortage and Boris in a nice flat. Why shouldn't he have a nice place anyway.
    No fish shortage the EU is randomly turning away deliveries so we will probably have a glut soon.

I do really wonder why as Downing street is probably listed why the upkeep isn't treated like a national cost.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

Taking illegal bungs, that evade tax, and break the ministerial code, from donors wanting leverage, is not the right way to go about it though.
    Sadly neither side of the house are doing well on the integrity front, so it's a case of a glass house of Commons. iirc Labour have one of their MPs in court either this month or next month over housing fraud.

Reduce the number of MPs, pay them more and give all standard MPs the same basic expense budget except for travel between their constituency and London. If they reside somewhere other that their constituency, then they're out of touch with it and should be moved on. Won't happen but should.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I think the thing they got right is quite a big thing though. I'd rather have a vaccinated nation with a fish shortage and Boris in a nice flat. Why shouldn't he have a nice place anyway.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

That's right. The government get ONE thing right, yet people keeping moaning about the many many things they've screwed up so badly, their cronyism, the flagrant wasting of tax money etc. etc. Why can't people get behind this one success? Miserable lot.
    It's not like getting behind Peter Sutcliffe being a good lorry driver, you complete helmet.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Vexit!!!

Meanwhile, remoaners are complaining about a man in a boat having to fish elsewhere while the majority of people are far more bothered that we're smashing it on the vaccine front. Log off.
    That's right. The government get ONE thing right, yet people keeping moaning about the many many things they've screwed up so badly, their cronyism, the flagrant wasting of tax money etc. etc. Why can't people get behind this one success? Miserable lot.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Indeed and there's an awful lot to crow about these days.
    Yep chicken tulip!

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Who is this Lord Moylan chap anyway?
    One of the faceless unelected officials ruling over the UK and prominent Brexiteer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X