• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Council to charge if you dont recycle"

Collapse

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Didn't have any feet

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Shoes?

Shoes?

We should be so lucky...

We didn't have any feet.

Although to be fair, that was because you bit them all off, wasn't it Zeity?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Shoes?

Shoes?

We should be so lucky...

We didn't have any feet.
    Do you slither then?

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    A tree!

Originally posted by Troll
    We were too poor to have sugar - 'cept at Christmas time when me old Aunt Jude would wrap a sugar cube up and place it under the tree.

Yellow cellophane on the shop windows to stop the goods fading.

Jubilees that lasted forever

You posh bastard!
    We dreamed of having a tree. We had to make do with the privet hedge we lived underneath. (Yes obviously it should 'the privet hedge underneath which we lived').

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    We were too poor to have sugar - 'cept at Christmas time when me old Aunt Jude would wrap a sugar cube up and place it under the tree.

Yellow cellophane on the shop windows to stop the goods fading.

Jubilees that lasted forever

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    An we didn't get no bag for sugar neither you had to take it away in yer pockets or shoes. Not that we 'ad any shoes of course.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    Eeeeeh! When I were a lad we 'ad none of this packaging. We only 'ad one sort o' cheese and it was cut off from a great big barrel sized block covered in muslin and dead flies
    ... and you carried it back to yer mam in a string bag that you used over and over again

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Eeeeeh! When I were a lad we 'ad none of this packaging. We only 'ad one sort o' cheese and it was cut off from a great big barrel sized block covered in muslin and dead flies

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    "Legal fly-tipping" isn't a tautology. It is more like an oxymoron.

"Illegal fly-tipping" would be a tautology.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    anyway I think you are both wrong; it's more of a pleonasm

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Now they're all at it!! are you Fleetwood in disguise?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus
    I meant a tautology.
    That's the word I couldn't think of.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    That is not an example of an oxymoron, just a redundant word.
    An oxymoron is a phrase where the component words seem opposed to the meaning of the phrase like "military intelligence"

Just being arsey like you
    I meant a tautology.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus
    Is there such a thing as legal fly-tipping?
    That is not an example of an oxymoron, just a redundant word.
    An oxymoron is a phrase where the component words seem opposed to the meaning of the phrase like "military intelligence"

Just being arsey like you

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    In WWII, they chopped down everyone's wrought iron railings allegedly to make tanks and spitfires. The quality wasn't up to this so they dumped it all in the sea.

I reckon they do something similar with most of the recycled waste.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    It's not food packaging - it's childrens toys...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X