• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Investment in British car industry has plummeted"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    My daily rate is 1200 a day. Yours?
    Only 1200? You need at least 2000 a day, otherwise you'll waste away....

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    I was going to say "Pounds or Euros?"

But it doesn't make any difference any more

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Very smooth.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Great news. Will mean a few more U-turns are required, though:

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Japanâ€[emoji769]s Top 10 Exports

Is it really a good idea to have a great trade deal with a country who pretty much make the same tulip as you?

Will the Germans really all start buying Japanese cars?

Or the french?

Sometimes I wonder if any of you fu<kwits have a brain - just because you have a trade deal it does not mean it will add value.
    But how can it be good news if the deal is with failing Japan...

In Japan as you might guess. This is where central bank policy is going after the negative interest rates run out of steam...

Japan cabinet approves $130 billion in fiscal steps as part of stimulus

So basically printing money and transfering it to benefits packages.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    His mum's thinking about giving him a monthly allowance to budget for and buy his own pants.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

All ass guru understands is that everyone should plough money into things because all he ever does is fail.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    I'm sorry but I thought you were supposed to be financially literate Sas?

Investment is typically something you do to create something for a return... having spent 2 bliilion on investment for plant machines and possibly R&D for new cars. The chances are it's funded the change and the works complete. now the companies involved will expect a decade or so worth of returns for that money...

Investment last year doesn't need to be spent every year it's a one off business cost. If you are spending the same or more year on year it's not investment it's BAU operations
    Complete and utter bollux.
    The car industry doesn't stand still and requires continuous ongoing investment, especially in R&D and to create new models.
    That investment* has been in the 1.5-2 billion range per year, for the last few years, till 2016 and 2017 when it fell off a cliff.

*or call it spend if you wish
    Last edited by sasguru; 31 August 2017, 07:46.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post

Investment is typically something you do to create something for a return... having spent 2 bliilion on investment for plant machines and possibly R&D for new cars. The chances are it's funded the change and the works complete. now the companies involved will expect a decade or so worth of returns for that money...

Investment last year doesn't need to be spent every year it's a one off business cost. If you are spending the same or more year on year it's not investment it's BAU operations
    Stop speaking sense.

All ass guru understands is that everyone should plough money into things because all he ever does is fail.

As seen by many posts in here.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    But why would you care? Didn't you say in your last post you were leaving for the EU? :rolleyes
    nah he said he was leaving You!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Good news indeed. 500 million over 5 years. So 100 million a year. A few more (many more) deals like this and we may make up the missing 1.5 billion per year.
    But why would you care? Didn't you say in your last post you were leaving for the EU? :rolleyes
    Last edited by sasguru; 30 August 2017, 22:21.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Three-quarters of investment lost. You've got to admit that's fucking huge.
    Yeah, it's all terrible news....

Aston Martin announces £500m UK-Japan deal - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Was there any guarantee of investment figures given?

E. G. If the UK had not voted to leave the relevant companies would have guaranteed to invest x?
    It was above 2 billion for the 5 years previous to 2016. It fell drastically in 2016 and 2017.
    Could be a coincidence, I suppose

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Was there any guarantee of investment figures given?

E. G. If the UK had not voted to leave the relevant companies would have guaranteed to invest x?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    If I were you I'd be pressing for whinging to be a growth industry.

You and the other gurning twunts on here could make a real killing.

The rest of us will just keep having a life.............

Leave a comment:

Working...
X