• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Is it just me

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is it just me"

Collapse

• Chuck
    replied
    Pretty sure I saw something on the news the other night that ISIS are selling oil to Assad. It's a funny old world.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    How are Syrian house prices?

Maybe they could stage of version of Im a celebrity over there.....
    I'd watch Mr & Mrs B'liar in that, maybe Gorgeous George & CorbIn as well.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I'm in.
    As long as I have a say as to which celebrities

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    So, everyone is speculating that their version is true and denouncing other versions. Sounds just like religion and on that basis, I'm out.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    How are Syrian house prices?

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    There is as much chance of ISIS selling barrels of oil as Tony Blair selling speeches.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Syria oil map: the journey of a barrel of Isis oil

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
    Christ.

ISIS are as much selling oil as the Taliban were selling heroin.
    Especially ironic, as the production of good old brown went up, in Afghanistan, once the Taliban were ousted.

There always has to be some kind of income generator, before it was junk, this time its oil.

I believe this is also done in a deliberate attempt to muddy where the real funding comes from.
    Also, it provides justification for the bombing to start in earnest.

People will just believe everything they read, probably thought Bliars WMD dossier was true, at the time, too
    Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 19 November 2015, 11:14.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    (maybe they have some oil engineers and international financiers in their midst?)
    I got some pretty good margins supplying them

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Christ.

ISIS are as much selling oil as the Taliban were selling heroin.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I think people have to realise that ISIS has different levels of people, the smart educated and the cannon fodder we see on the news. The powers that be want the public in the west to be reassured by the image of the drug hazed ISIS recruits blowing themselves up. They don't want the public to think about a well oiled machine with "$1.5 billion a year"

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/ne...t-organisation
    So, the bombing can now be justified as it will hit ISIS, in the pocket, with regards to its "oil business".

Really?

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    I think people have to realise that ISIS has different levels of people, the smart educated and the cannon fodder we see on the news. The powers that be want the public in the west to be reassured by the image of the drug hazed ISIS recruits blowing themselves up. They don't want the public to think about a well oiled machine with "$1.5 billion a year"

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/ne...t-organisation

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    The news also reported that Isis were controlling oil wells and selling oil to finance their terrorism. Quite how the mechanics of that would work (maybe they have some oil engineers and international financiers in their midst?) was never detailed, but it might be a tenuous link to why the oil fields are being bombed.
    ISIS have (allegedly) sold oil to Turkey, the route through which their arms, fighters and training (allegedly) arrive. They can't get oil out through other borders as the bordering countries aren't interested - they have their own oil markets to look after. Ironically ISIS's biggest enemies are also America's. Ain't that funny?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    You couldn't possibly be wrong, for once, could you? Kn0b.
    Someone put something in your tea, while you were reading The Wail, this morning, Treacle?

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    Really come on, how likely are they to be making $millions selling oil? I'm no expert in the trading of oil but I'm pretty sure it's not just a case of driving a few stolen tankers into an oil facility, filling them up then selling them down the local market for $millions.
    My point exactly. They are just not that organized.

Propaganda and drivel.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    Really come on, how likely are they to be making $millions selling oil? I'm no expert in the trading of oil but I'm pretty sure it's not just a case of driving a few stolen tankers into an oil facility, filling them up then selling them down the local market for $millions.
    sorry to say its extremely likely they can sell oil to almost anyone not directly involved in the conflict

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_diamond

Leave a comment:

Working...
X