• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Poll: Have you signed the petition?"

Collapse

• simes
    replied
    Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    I don't think any petition ever made any difference.
    Agreed.

If the Lords can't make headway, a bloody petition won't even figure on the horizons of those to whom it is aimed.

Leave a comment:

• elsergiovolador
    replied
    I don't think any petition ever made any difference.

It is only to make people think they done their bit, so they have an outlet to their anger and won't march on the streets.

If you really want to make a difference, do something that will attract media.

For example, when you find yourself dying in the ditch, because you have not received support, call Daily Fail.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by andydd68 View Post
    Which means that most will get a tiny amount, and some people pay themselves via Dividends only.
    Don't worry, he's just forgotten this is one of the professional forums rather than General.

Leave a comment:

• andydd68
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    There's already support in place for Company Directors based on their PAYE income.

HTH.
    Which means that most will get a tiny amount, and some people pay themselves via Dividends only.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Crappy wording.

I mean, it quite literally is in line with "other taxpayers". The JRS applies to the salary earned by company directors, just like employees who don't own their own companies. Parity.
    Maybe it means "looked after", as in concrete boots "looked after".

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    There's already support in place for Company Directors based on their PAYE income.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Crappy wording.

Please make sure that they are looked after in line with the other taxpayers.
    I mean, it quite literally is in line with "other taxpayers". The JRS applies to the salary earned by company directors, just like employees who don't own their own companies. Parity.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Nope as no Andy W option

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Jake1000
    started a poll Poll: Have you signed the petition?

Poll: Have you signed the petition?

YES
    13.64%
    NO
    86.36%
    Coronavirus Support Package for Directors / Shareholders of small Limited Co's. - Petitions

Working...
X