• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Furloughing from limited company and seeking alternative employment"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by 94bb View Post
    Anyone else have any thoughts, I’ve heard a tax lawyer on LBC this afternoon confirm this is ok. There is no legal prevention on being employed elsewhere whilst on furlough
    That is correct. I'm wondering more about his assumption they are paying themselves 12k to be efficient when they've also got a full time job.

Leave a comment:

• 94bb
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Not so sure that's right....
    Anyone else have any thoughts, I’ve heard a tax lawyer on LBC this afternoon confirm this is ok. There is no legal prevention on being employed elsewhere whilst on furlough

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by 94bb View Post
    I have no idea, but I suspect around the £12k mark so its tax efficient. Ignoring the subjectivity judgement, technically furloughing themselves from their limited looks legal and in line with HMRC guidance i.e. its perfectly ok to have other employment. Has anyone come across material to prove otherwise?
    Not so sure that's right....

Leave a comment:

• 94bb
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    What do they pay themselves from the LTDs. Can't be very efficient if they do and have a full time job as well?

I don't see what is stopping them working if they sell and buy property.

Sounds like a bit of a piss take to me.
    I have no idea, but I suspect around the £12k mark so its tax efficient. Ignoring the subjectivity judgement, technically furloughing themselves from their limited looks legal and in line with HMRC guidance i.e. its perfectly ok to have other employment. Has anyone come across material to prove otherwise?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    What do they pay themselves from the LTDs. Can't be very efficient if they do and have a full time job as well?

I don't see what is stopping them working if they sell and buy property.

Sounds like a bit of a piss take to me.

Leave a comment:

• Furloughing from limited company and seeking alternative employment

A few contractor friends are going to be furloughing themselves from their newly repurposed contracting limited companies (i.e. now a real estate purchase and sale SIC) the impact from COVID are obvious, drops in property appetite close to zero.

The potential challenge is, these same people also have another job as permanent employees. Technically speaking it looks like they can still claim being furloughed from one particular employee, is this correct?

It seems the overarching intent of the scheme is a) to prevent people from being made redundnant, but b) also a form of quantitative easing, injecting cash into individuals rather than the traditional banking global markets systems.

Thoughts?

Working...
X