• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Working on IR35 Contracts"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Have a look through this thread for your COVID-19 concerns:
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...es-thread.html

Have a look through the stickies in this forum for your IR35 payment concerns:
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/ir35-reform/

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    They should have been paying into your personal account not your business account. You were an employee of the 3rd party company
    Its not typical, but the post-PAYE proceeds of an inside IR35 contract can be paid into a Ltd company and can then be extracted net from there without the need to withhold any additional tax.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I've a feeling we are going to finding new infromation out for the next 20 posts as we try unravel this one.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by IDCR View Post
    I have a Ltd Company which I am a Director and for the past year I have been working through another company for NR on an IR35 contract, this contract has not been renewed due to Covid 19, I have to go through a third party as my company is not big enough to work direct for NR. The third party company take Tax & NI at source and pay the remaining money into my business bank account.
    My question is two fold really can I Furlough my self as an employee of my company and secondly am I able to claim financial assistance from the Government for 80% of my take home PAYE pay to the max value 0f £2500PM?
    Thanks
    Who is your legal employer for that contract? I'd say they are the ones that should be making the furlough decision.

Even though your salary is being paid into your Ltd company, and (I assume) you are an employee of that, I'd suggest those funds are not part of your employment via your own Ltd company, so its the third party company's decision here.

How are/were you taking the funds from this contract out of your Ltd company. If not via a PAYE scheme, that pretty much rules out you being able to furlough yourself.

PS. Who/what is NR?
    Last edited by Paralytic; 2 April 2020, 10:37.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    All contracts are IR35 contracts. Some are inside, some are outside.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Working on IR35 Contracts

Oo
    Last edited by GhostofTarbera; 2 April 2020, 09:31. Reason: Duplicate

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied

They should have been paying into your personal account not your business account. You were an employee of the 3rd party company

Can the 3rd party not furlough you?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• IDCR
    started a topic Working on IR35 Contracts

I have a Ltd Company which I am a Director and for the past year I have been working through another company for NR on an IR35 contract, this contract has not been renewed due to Covid 19, I have to go through a third party as my company is not big enough to work direct for NR. The third party company take Tax & NI at source and pay the remaining money into my business bank account.
    My question is two fold really can I Furlough my self as an employee of my company and secondly am I able to claim financial assistance from the Government for 80% of my take home PAYE pay to the max value 0f £2500PM?
    Thanks

Working...
X