• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Corona already impacting my business"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
    My anniversary is in January so think I will be fine. *1st World Problems
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Never mind, when BA goes tits up, you’ll still have Gold Status on the pretend plane you made in self-isolation where you make your own engine noises.
    Me too! I am still hoping to renew Gold by January. Fingers crossed my trip to Singapore happens in June only have 80 tier points at the moment, was supposed to be closer to 500 by now.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Never mind, when BA goes tits up, you’ll still have Gold Status on the pretend plane you made in self-isolation where you make your own engine noises.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Genuinely hope they carry my BA Gold over into 2021, no chance of keeping it with all these flights cancelled!
    Ah... You may not be aware then...

Will British Airways extend your status due to coronavirus?

Leave a comment:

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    I'd be mad at the latter. A Lady needs her tier points!
    Genuinely hope they carry my BA Gold over into 2021, no chance of keeping it with all these flights cancelled!

Leave a comment:

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    Originally posted by rossb2 View Post
    Madness. All it needs is some hand sanitizer as people come in. Even that is too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    This aged well

Leave a comment:

• anthonyconstantinou
    replied
    Corona already impacting my business

Anthony Constantinou says “Its true among all of the severe outbreak of coronavirus, odd effects on people and the economy, the work impact has been the most visible and drastic. Businesses have been messing up to reform adjustments they can make for keeping workers safe, contain the spread of virus and continue working.”

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Working and billing 7 days a week for the foreseeable future. It's a bit Berlin April 1945 TBH.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Corona impacted my business on Monday morning. Felt like tulip all day. Too old for midday drinking before a work day now

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by ascender View Post
    The Bank I'm at just now are looking at what work can progress, what can continue and which contractors can be let go as a result.
    Always cost cutting - why do people even work with banks..

Leave a comment:

• ascender
    replied
    The Bank I'm at just now are looking at what work can progress, what can continue and which contractors can be let go as a result.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

The last flights I did, the booking agent forgot to switch to the codeshare, and booked me on the metal. No tier points, and only a couple of hundred avois.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Project manager: "Only come on site if you really want to"
    Business manager (funding the project): "Don't fly unless absolutely necessary"

Me:

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Project manager: "Only come on site if you really want to"
    Business manager (funding the project): "Don't fly unless absolutely necessary"

Me:

Leave a comment:

• AnthonyQuinn
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
    I had an interview planned a few days ago which was canceled at the last minute for some vague reason, then, when I was chasing to get a new date I got an e-mail from the pimp:
    "All recruitment has been put on hold because of the impact of Coronavirus is having/could have on the business"

WTAF?
    I have news for you. There's hardly any business which is not impacted by Coronavirus. And it will get worse before it gets better

Leave a comment:

Working...
X