• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Presettled status - question"

Collapse

• shabak
    replied
    For someone interested - I found answer:
    If an individual breaks their continuous residence in the UK after 31 December 2020, they will be refused Settled Status. If they cannot successfully challenge that decision, or apply for a different type of visa, they will be required to leave the UK once their pre-Settled Status expires.
    https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do...dence-and-euss

Leave a comment:

• shabak
    replied
    Thanks for a link - I asked there.

Leave a comment:

• shabak
    replied
    You are confused. I know that I may not be eligible - but whats the option? Is it extension of Pre-Settled - - No, as pre-settled was only for EU citizens and related to Brexit and there is no option to extend it - only to change to settled, so if someone has pre-settled status ,till lets say 2024 , he goes for 1.5 years, he comes back, he still has lets say 5 months of pre-settled status - BUT HE CANT APPLY FOR SETTLED as he was more then 6 months outside UK - so in this case - is only work with VISA as an option (and I think only perm jobs come with VISA?).

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    and 2 seconds google found this
    You may not be eligible for settled status if during the 5 years you spent more than 6 months outside the UK in a 12-month period.
    https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu...settled-status

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Then I would look at an immigration forum, I’m afraid that I can’t remember the one that is occasionally mentioned here.
    https://www.immigrationboards.com/ge...gration-forum/

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Then I would look at an immigration forum, I’m afraid that I can’t remember the one that is occasionally mentioned here.

Leave a comment:

• shabak
    replied
    Nothing on that subject here...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by shabak View Post
    Thanks, I thought someone else had this issue...
    So use the search method as described in the Welcome/FAQ section then

Leave a comment:

• shabak
    replied
    Thanks, I thought someone else had this issue...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by shabak View Post
    Hey - I have a question in relation to Presettled status, lets say, I have it till 2024, but I will go abroad for 1 year. So I will return in 2023, still have presettled but in 2024 would not be able to apply for settles as I will not have 5 years continuous residency (there will be 1 year break) - can I extend presettled then again? How does it work? I tried to find info about it but its not covered anywhere - beside I think solution being applying for some kind of worker visa or something?

Thanks in advance for an answers!
    Ask an immigration lawyer because few people here will have a clue

Leave a comment:

• shabak
    started a topic Presettled status - question

Presettled status - question

Hey - I have a question in relation to Presettled status, lets say, I have it till 2024, but I will go abroad for 1 year. So I will return in 2023, still have presettled but in 2024 would not be able to apply for settles as I will not have 5 years continuous residency (there will be 1 year break) - can I extend presettled then again? How does it work? I tried to find info about it but its not covered anywhere - beside I think solution being applying for some kind of worker visa or something?

Thanks in advance for an answers!

Working...
X