• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Faceless bureacrats to control the UK via EU-UK commitees"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

I'm hoping the royal family will be dismantled and abandoned and the UK and any other democratic country will have a president either elected directly by the people or indirectly by parliament.

PS Dutch Queens and Kings have abdicated for many generations, when they felt too old for the job. And there is nothing Dutch about it as each generation, since they started it in the early 1800's, of that royal family has married a German except the idiot who is now on the throne, he married an Argentinian daughter of a minister in the Videla junta.
    I feel like I ought to be a Republican, but when I see the likely 'candidates' I shudder. We would almost certainly have President Blair* by now, if we followed the European model of shipping the useless and discredited 'upstairs' when the electorate tire of them.
    I'll be keeping the Queen, thanks.

*Or worse, if that is even possible.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Are you hoping she'll abdicate, like yours did? You should be grateful we have our Monarchy, it means you can all have a laugh about the UK being run by Germans...
    I'm hoping the royal family will be dismantled and abandoned and the UK and any other democratic country will have a president either elected directly by the people or indirectly by parliament.

PS Dutch Queens and Kings have abdicated for many generations, when they felt too old for the job. And there is nothing Dutch about it as each generation, since they started it in the early 1800's, of that royal family has married a German except the idiot who is now on the throne, he married an Argentinian daughter of a minister in the Videla junta.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

Glad that even the express now found out you're ruled by unelected bureaucrats, they should also mention the Queen
    Are you hoping she'll abdicate, like yours did? You should be grateful we have our Monarchy, it means you can all have a laugh about the UK being run by Germans...

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    While I for one was impressed with the way Lord Frost handled the appalling hand he was dealt by former negotiators, and the ‘no nonsense’ approach he took with the European Union, he is nonetheless an unelected member of the House of Lords, plus he has never even held elected office.
    Glad that even the express now found out you're ruled by unelected bureaucrats, they should also mention the Queen

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    https://www.express.co.uk/comment/ex...-boris-johnson

Sound familiar?

In effect a new bureacracy is being built which will inevitably resemble being in the EU with new labels.
    You lost. Get over it. This is what we voted for..... and blue passports

Leave a comment:

• Faceless bureacrats to control the UK via EU-UK commitees

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/ex...-boris-johnson

we are seeing the process of governing our future relationship fall into the hands of more unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats.
    Sound familiar?

In effect a new bureacracy is being built which will inevitably resemble being in the EU with new labels.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 26 March 2021, 00:00.

Working...
X