• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "‘Slash and burn’ of EU rules ruled out post-Brexit"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    making tulip up but I admit we are now no longer under EUSSR rule.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    We have 1.5 months experience of no longer being in the EU maybe its worth waiting a few days before we rip it all up?
    What prevented writing those wonderful new laws even before ref in 2016?

I know what did - they would not be much different than under EUSSR rule.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    4 years after it vote, and many years of advocating for it before - why that was not enough time to have specific much better than EU laws to be enacted on day 1?

Simple true answer is that they don’t exist because there ain’t any easy obvious laws that can suddenly make post-Brexit better, it was a all a lie and cretins like you bought it

We have centuries of experience with murder & abuse why do we not have laws that deal completely with those?

We have 1.5 months experience of no longer being in the EU maybe its worth waiting a few days before we rip it all up?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    No but replacing them with knee jerk reactions would be bad.
    4 years after it vote, and many years of advocating for it before - why that was not enough time to have specific much better than EU laws to be enacted on day 1?

Simple true answer is that they don’t exist because there ain’t any easy obvious laws that can suddenly make post-Brexit better, it was a all a lie and cretins like you bought it

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    It was obvious once we saw the beard!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    How do you know I wear stockings and cardigans ... I don't recall sharing that on here Did you hack my YouTube channel?

It was obvious once we saw the beard!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Every rule that needs to be reviewed and revised may improve the UK economy's prospects. Its not good or bad just something that needs to be done when you end a relationship.

An ex may have insisted you dressed in a certain way because she liked men in cardigans, or women in stockings now you can switch to lycra and tights if you want. You now decide, you might decide you like cardigans but you should think about it.
    How do you know I wear stockings and cardigans ... I don't recall sharing that on here Did you hack my YouTube channel?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    But, if you agree the rules were not bad, then why do they need replacing at all? Every rule reviewed, re-written and replaced will cost the UK economy, a cost I'd argue we probably don't want just now

Every rule that needs to be reviewed and revised may improve the UK economy's prospects. Its not good or bad just something that needs to be done when you end a relationship.

An ex may have insisted you dressed in a certain way because she liked men in cardigans, or women in stockings now you can switch to lycra and tights if you want. You now decide, you might decide you like cardigans but you should think about it.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    But, if you agree the rules were not bad, then why do they need replacing at all? Every rule reviewed, re-written and replaced will cost the UK economy, a cost I'd argue we probably don't want just now

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Ah so EU rules were not that bad after all...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic ‘Slash and burn’ of EU rules ruled out post-Brexit

‘Slash and burn’ of EU rules ruled out post-Brexit

“ Duncan Smith says reform group advising PM would seek ‘fast and sensible’ regulatory changes

Boris Johnson’s adviser on regulatory reform, Iain Duncan Smith, has said he will not lead a “slash-and-burn exercise” when it comes to changing Britain’s post-Brexit rules.

Duncan Smith’s comments chime with warnings from business leaders that they do not want the UK prime minister to oversee a “bonfire” of EU red tape and instead want to see him focus on ensuring the government becomes “nimbler” at making new rules.

The idea of a post-Brexit conflagration, laying waste to what they see as stifling Brussels regulation, has been a staple of Eurosceptic discourse for years, but it is being quietly doused by the government.”

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Ah so EU rules were not that bad after all...

Working...
X