• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Back in London this week. Why is it so dirty FFS?"

Collapse

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
    That's it, by Jove, we've solved it!

Except...

Hang on a sec...

Oh yeah. SNCF is also state-owned.
    yes, and presumably were responsible for that stretch of line at the Swiss border that I described.

Leave a comment:

• Amanensia
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Or maybe part of it is national pride, part of it is that the rail network is not privatised as we would know it, and the higher taxes go towards investing in it.

You get what you vote for.
    That's it, by Jove, we've solved it!

Except...

Hang on a sec...

Oh yeah. SNCF is also state-owned.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    I take it you have never been to Amsterdam. Dog sh!t everywhere, marijuana smell everywhere and Brits on stag and hen do-s everywhere
    You'll note he said 'few' not 'no'. And the smell of pot isn't "dirt".

British towns are generally quite dirty or can be. So I don't think we can blame immigrants, it must be our own fault

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Or maybe part of it is national pride, part of it is that the rail network is not privatised as we would know it, and the higher taxes go towards investing in it.

part of it is that the rail network is not privatised as we would know it
    according to my rail worker cousin, there is more traffic on the Southern network, than the whole of Switzerland. Perhaps that is also part of the reason as there is considerably less to subsidise.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    Many years ago, whilst walking from France into Switzerland along the southern shores of Lac Leman, I noticed how the prolific weeds on the railway line on the French side quickly disappeared on the Swiss side. I guess it's all down to money and national pride.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    National dirtiness

Many years ago, whilst walking from France into Switzerland along the southern shores of Lac Leman, I noticed how the prolific weeds on the railway line on the French side quickly disappeared on the Swiss side. I guess it's all down to money and national pride.

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I supposed when I lived here I got used to it. But really guys, stop littering and clean up.

OK wrong forum. Is it Brexit related?
    It's the bloody foreigners, this is who's to blame.

Once those savages will be kicked out, London will go back to be the small town it really is. I don't know...1-2 million people. The smell of jam and biscuits coming from the only factories left active will be such a treat.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I supposed when I lived here I got used to it. But really guys, stop littering and clean up.
    It is the preponderance of whining entitled Bremoaners churlishly throwing their latte mugs around that does it.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I'll take your word for it.
    Football trip. Thankfully the bar was open. I was pleasantly surprised, as it was barely 6am...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Beats the sh!t out of flying into Luton...
    I'll take your word for it.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Avoid flying into Heathrow if at all possible. The miasma of despair around the Thistle Hotel can be unbearable.
    Beats the sh!t out of flying into Luton...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Avoid flying into Heathrow if at all possible. The miasma of despair around the Thistle Hotel can be unbearable.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied

OK wrong forum. Is it Brexit related?
    Bloody cyclists...

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I take it you have never been to Amsterdam. Dog sh!t everywhere, marijuana smell everywhere and Brits on stag and hen do-s everywhere
    I was stoned as feck so did not really notice that much..

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I have. But it was on a stag do so didn't notice anything

Leave a comment:

Working...
X