• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Millennials may lose up to £108k over 30 years with no-deal Brexit"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    So you didn't read the factual article then? Too many words and not enough pretty pictures for you? Try opening your mind and you'll realise everything your masters told you and promised are lies.
    Yes I read it. It was utter bollocks from start to finish. In 1974 almost everyone was on strike, so "real wages" were a fairly flat zero. I could go on, but I don't want to be accused of introducing anything like facts into your snowflake little world...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    not enough pretty pictures for you?
    Here's one for you Whorty. Xmas is coming and it could be just the sort of investment to help you make it through to March without a meltdown.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Well done for saying that with a straight face...
    So you didn't read the factual article then? Too many words and not enough pretty pictures for you? Try opening your mind and you'll realise everything your masters told you and promised are lies.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    A biased commentary low on facts .... just what i'd expect from a Brexidiot.

I know the Bexidiots won't actually read the details, but this article explains how our GDP has grown whilst being in the EU : How did the UK economy do since joining the EU?

Here's a clue ... we've done better than the US, France and Germany, debunking the lie that the EU is for the benefit of the Franco-German 'bullies' only, and also debunking the lie that countries outside the EU have fared better than those within.

Nice try but, as you've heard all your life, "could do better".
    Well done for saying that with a straight face...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Millennials are now what, getting close to 40 years old?

About time they got a decent education, got a well paying job, and left home from mummy and daddy no?

They can't, those nasty boomers refuse to die and give them their houses for free! Luckily if they stay in the EU everything will be great.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Millennials are now what, getting close to 40 years old?

About time they got a decent education, got a well paying job, and left home from mummy and daddy no?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    A biased commentary low on facts .... just what i'd expect from a Brexidiot.

I know the Bexidiots won't actually read the details, but this article explains how our GDP has grown whilst being in the EU : How did the UK economy do since joining the EU?

Here's a clue ... we've done better than the US, France and Germany, debunking the lie that the EU is for the benefit of the Franco-German 'bullies' only, and also debunking the lie that countries outside the EU have fared better than those within.

Nice try but, as you've heard all your life, "could do better".

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    There is plenty of good Brexit news, we're just ignoring it - inews.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    This pro brexit website has some different scenarios on this page and they are all negative:

Recent Estimates of the Economic Impact of Brexit - Briefings For Brexit
    Yeah, well found Eeyore!!

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Aside from that being about half a Swiss Franc by then, as OG points out - what's the calculation for other scenarios?

1. Best case no-deal
    2. Best/Worst case BRINO
    3. Best/Worst case giving it up and deciding not to leave?
    4. Best/Worst case of transitioning for ever and ever and ever. (It's a local EU for local people).
    This pro brexit website has some different scenarios on this page and they are all negative:

Recent Estimates of the Economic Impact of Brexit - Briefings For Brexit

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    So if we stay in the EU everybody becomes rich then?
    No, just not quite as poor. Except for you of course.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Something to keep you warm whilst you are not drinking then.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Taking day off next Thu to get drunk...
    And why not?? I'll drink to that!!

The answer may not be at the bottom of a bottle....but it doesn't do any harm to take a good look!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    How's THAT working out?

Taking day off next Thu to get drunk...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Doing Stopctober...

How's THAT working out?