• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "David Davis: Brexit 'as complicated as moon landing'"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    My thoughts exactly. It's all fake
    +1

We just need a film set in Nevada.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Well seeing as a lot of Brexiters believe in conspiracy theory and conspiracy theorists don't believe in the moon landing...I think you can see where I'm going with this
    My thoughts exactly. It's all fake

Leave a comment:

• RetSet
    replied
    Of course a moon landing is simple by comparison.

Landing on the moon is just rocket science. Your average smartphone has enough computational power to work all that out.

The Brexit negotiations will involve hundreds, possibly thousands, of individual people. Many, orders of magnitude of greater complexity than a moon landing.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    So now we know it's going to cost hundreds of billions, take 10 years, and require the efforts of 400,000 people (and the lives of a few), the people should get to choose again.
    What if they say yes again? Best of five?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Actually the Moon landing was not complicated at all, just physics and maths
    And maybe a touch of courage and vision.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Well seeing as a lot of Brexiters believe in conspiracy theory and conspiracy theorists don't believe in the moon landing...I think you can see where I'm going with this

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    It's called democracy. Probably a site explaining it somewhere.
    So now we know it's going to cost hundreds of billions, take 10 years, and require the efforts of 400,000 people (and the lives of a few), the people should get to choose again.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    A wing and a prayer more like. Cameron played high stakes poker thinking he could emulate the big city boys and lost. The debt was bad enough without flushing the economy down the loo. Best we can now hope for is a good sewage treatment works.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    The UK EU exit program reminds me more of the Soviet's moon landing effort than NASA's.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Actually the Moon landing was not complicated at all, just physics and maths

Brexit however is dealing with irrational idiots who think miracles will happen after Brexit

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "The minister in charge of the UK's exit from the EU says elements of his job make landing on the moon look simple.

Brexit Secretary David Davis made the remark to business leaders as he discussed the interim arrangements that will be in place after the UK leaves.

He suggested the UK would no longer be in the EU's customs union and single market during this period.

And he said a "new international body" - not the European Court of Justice - would monitor new trade arrangements."

David Davis: Brexit 'as complicated as moon landing' - BBC News

So why wasn't it on the referendum choice list? Should have been really like:

1) Stay in EU
    2) Crash and die horribly whilst attempting Moon landing complexity Brexit

Be a pussy or land on the moon.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40461496 strong and stable

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    The process is turning out to be a lecture in understanding the actual benefits of EU membership rather than hyperbole offered by the Murdoch media.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    And he said a "new international body" - not the European Court of Justice - would monitor new trade arrangements."
    I wonder who that will be or if he is talking out of his arse? Actually it could be these guys: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...urt_of_Justice as it seems that the results they give out are non-binding apparently which would be nice for the Tories.

Britain has in fact just lost a case there: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-a-blow-for-uk

(Might not be the ICJ as it tends to be based in Europe!)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X