• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why you will want to vote Brexit"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    the people have spoken and we have to respect what they say (whatever the hell that means ).
    It means NO to IndyRef2 for at least a generation.

At least THAT has been crystalised.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    to Germania?
    Ireland.

Leave a comment:

• KentDogWalker
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Where is this EU that give out passports?
    You need to be born elsewhere or you can buy one from Malta for ≈1M EUR

Leave a comment:

• KentDogWalker
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    April for me.
    to Germania?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Planning to get my EU passport soon..
    Where is this EU that give out passports?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    April for me.

Leave a comment:

• KentDogWalker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Well, I thought that went well.
    Yup, all the ill educated dimwits that voted Brexit have put the country in the position it is today. But hey, the people have spoken and we have to respect what they say (whatever the hell that means ).

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Well, I thought that went well.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    If you want a stonger Soviet Union style EU, vote remain.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    So true.

Look at the Scottish referendum. What happened to all those promises.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you like the status quo in this country and want more of the same vote remain. If you want the possibility of some fundamental change, vote leave.
    They cancelled the Barnett Formula and withdrew the Scottish Parliament's ability to control tax??

OMG.

Oh Sorry thought you were serious.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    As you must know very well, it isn't just the situation today that counts, but how it will inevitably develop if the "in" vote wins.

In that event the EU, and Europhiliacs in the UK, will redouble their efforts to advance their "ever closer union" agenda.
    So true.

Look at the Scottish referendum. What happened to all those promises.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you like the status quo in this country and want more of the same vote remain. If you want the possibility of some fundamental change, vote leave.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    People might either want to read this to see what the EU can do in the way of laws: https://fullfact.org/europe/eus-powers/ or as I suspect, they would rather believe the moronic right wing press
    As you must know very well, it isn't just the situation today that counts, but how it will inevitably develop if the "in" vote wins.

In that event the EU, and Europhiliacs in the UK, will redouble their efforts to advance their "ever closer union" agenda.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Hopefully this time we will realise it's utter bollox and the UK will thrive without the stranglehold of the EU round our throats.
    I think someone said something similar during the Scottish referendum. But the dark overlord prevailed.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Bank of England issues stark Brexit warning as former Chancellor warns of 'dark clouds' | UK Politics | News | The Independent

Alistair Darling doing what worked in the Scottish referendum, laying a picture of doom if we leave.

Hopefully this time we will realise it's utter bollox and the UK will thrive without the stranglehold of the EU round our throats.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X