• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor Mortgages"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I used Contractor Financials years ago. Did a good job.

Expect to pay a fee with any broker but do note that some take a commission instead. The difference is subtle but significant. I believe all the ones recommended so far charge a fee, which is better.

I don't recommend Contractor Financials or CMME as they call themselves. Used this thread to find a couple to talk to recently. Freelance Financials was OK albeit a bit limited. Stuart Selkirk at CMME talked a good game, so I provided personal details to him via their portal & he never bothered to come back to me even having emailed and phoned up on four occassions.

I would avoid CMME like the plague.

Leave a comment:

• monita
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Good idea to remove your real name from the post. It's not needed. I've had issues with some of the brokers mentioned.
    It's not my name, but my contact. I have removed it now, happy to share if anyone interested. Sorry if this was not appropriate.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon ContractMortgages
    replied
    Expect to pay a fee with any broker but do note that some take a commission instead. The difference is subtle but significant. I believe all the ones recommended so far charge a fee, which is better.
    There are some brokers out there that are FEE FREE. The fee free brokers will get commission from the mortgage lender, as will the brokers that charge a fee.

Leave a comment:

• Freelancer Financials
    replied
    Originally posted by timjones137 View Post
    I have just started contracting as a Ltd Company in Oct 2016, and I am looking to buy a house. From initial conversations with high street lenders, I need at least 12 month contracting history.

Can anyone recommend a decent contractor mortgage broker they have had success with?

I have always worked in finance in perm roles.

Cheers
    The majority of contractor friendly lenders are looking at a minimum of 12 months contracting history. Apart from Halifax. If you work in IT then you have no problem getting a mortgage with Halifax from the first day of your initial contract. However, if you don't work in IT (e.g. you're an accountant or work in Finance) then you need to be on a minimum daily contract rate of £312.50/day. There are other providers like Bucks Building Society that only require 6 months contracting history than don't set a minimum daily rate.

Leave a comment:

• Martin@AS Financial
    replied
    Originally posted by monita View Post
    Personally, I had issues with Martin from AS Financials and had to turn to Freelancer Financials on a very last minute. They got me sorted in a few days (my contact is Nudim Akhtar)
    Hi Monita

I pride myself on the service my clients have received over the last 11 years. Would you mind emailing me the issue you experienced and your name please so I can get to the bottom of this.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by monita View Post
    Personally, I had issues with Martin from AS Financials and had to turn to Freelancer Financials on a very last minute. They got me sorted in a few days (my contact is xxx)
    Good idea to remove your real name from the post. It's not needed. I've had issues with some of the brokers mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    I have used Freelancer Financials a number of times and can strongly recommend them. Happy to give you my personal contact there - send me a PM.

Halifax are great for contractors, even if you have recently started contracting.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by chopper View Post
    Not necessarily - if you left a permie job to become a contractor, and so therefore had more than 12 months history of contracting or permiedom without a break, then this could be fine.
    I got my first mortgage less than a year in. Freelancer found a provider that would take a mix of my contractor income and the permie stuff to make the rest up. Not all did back in the day but I expect they've moved forward considerably now. That said not all lenders have the same criteria. Some won't accept breaks, others need x months left and so on. Might narrow the field down a little but 12 months or under isn't a problem.

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    Originally posted by timjones137 View Post
    I have just started contracting as a Ltd Company in Oct 2016, and I am looking to buy a house. From initial conversations with high street lenders, I need at least 12 month contracting history.
    Not necessarily - if you left a permie job to become a contractor, and so therefore had more than 12 months history of contracting or permiedom without a break, then this could be fine.

Leave a comment:

• monita
    replied
    Personally, I had issues with Martin from AS Financials and had to turn to Freelancer Financials on a very last minute. They got me sorted in a few days (I can share my contact if anyone interested PM)
    Last edited by monita; 6 January 2017, 13:03.

Leave a comment:

• gables
    replied

Martin@AS Financials is fee free if your mortgage is large enough, I think the minimum to be fee free is £214,285

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Major Hassle
    replied
    As per NLUK Freelance Financials just did mine, there will be a fee but mine was quick, efficient and trouble free so worth the money IMO

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I've used Freelancer Financials for a contractor mortgage, residential and two BTLs so safe to say I'm happy with their service.

https://www.freelancerfinancials.uk.com

Ask for John Yerou. He may not be the person you deal with through the process but at least you've got the ear of the boss

Leave a comment:

• gables
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBA View Post
    There was a recent thread so best trying the search function/Google site search. A few keep an eye on these boards so will no doubt drop in too.

I can recommend Martin at AS Financial. He recently arranged my remortgage and I only started contracting early last year. Of all the brokers I spoke to he came up with best arrangement. Plus he doesn't charge a fee.

View Profile: Martin@AS Financial - Contractor UK Bulletin Board
    With Martin there will be fee if the mortgage is low. The re-mortgage I needed was low at £105K so ended up with a fee to Martin of £382

Leave a comment:

Working...
X