• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How can I invest my money"

Collapse

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren at DynamoAccounts View Post
    Reinforces the need for due diligence and regulation before investing. There are risks in all investments, a case of mitigating those risks.
    I'll give you 15% yearly of your money.
    Also others welcome too

I have a system (which you wouldn't understand) and its making flat 15.5% a year

Leave a comment:

• Darren at Fox-Bartfield
    replied
    Due Diligence

Reinforces the need for due diligence and regulation before investing. There are risks in all investments, a case of mitigating those risks.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Looks quite an interesting one, low entry as well, partly regulated as well as having that feel good eco/green type feel. Have seen a few eco/green energy opportunities but don't often come with the regulation. Nice find.
    Some of the Eco energy bonds have defaulted. What price "feel good" then?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Investments

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
    As per my earlier post, Linton Hydro are doing a 7.5% investment bond at the moment over ten years.
    Looks quite an interesting one, low entry as well, partly regulated as well as having that feel good eco/green type feel. Have seen a few eco/green energy opportunities but don't often come with the regulation. Nice find.

Leave a comment:

• missinggreenfields
    replied
    Spoken with our Wealth Management dept, they've not come across these guys before but do deal with similar and the returns tend to be 8-15% depending on the projects. The usual disclaimers apply, value of investments can go up as well as down, not for everyone, etc but they can be a usual part of an investment strategy/plan.

Being a regulated firm, our guys did say that we couldn't deal with a company like this as they're not offering a regulated product.
    As per my earlier post, Linton Hydro are doing a 7.5% investment bond at the moment over ten years.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    I've got some cash with SavingStream as well.

They offer 12% PA on short term secured loans - no more than 70% loan to value and they also maintain a provision fund to help guard against bad debts.
    They seem well run and transparent in their business dealings - lots of discussion on the P2P Independent Forum
    It can be a bit slow to get invested as loans and trades in loans get snapped up very quickly most times.

Yes, it's higher risk and yes, there is a chance I could lose some or all my capital - as with all investments, research, diversify and limit your exposure to that you feel comfortable with.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisFromGreece View Post
    Not getting defensive here since I don't really care where you invest your money, but... I assume in your head all peer-to-peer lending initiatives are Madoff's schemes?
    No, not at all and good luck to you. I'm just saying if things look too good to be true they normally are. Perhaps you've hit on a real winner.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisFromGreece
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    That's what Madoff's customers all said!
    Not getting defensive here since I don't really care where you invest your money, but... I assume in your head all peer-to-peer lending initiatives are Madoff's schemes?

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisFromGreece View Post
    As I said, have been using it for more than a year and never had any issues... interest being paid on a monthly basis (1% per month).
    That's what Madoff's customers all said!

Leave a comment:

• ChrisFromGreece
    replied
    12%? Is it run by a Mr B Madoff by any chance? In todays world, that kind of return falls into the "too good to be true" category.
    As I said, have been using it for more than a year and never had any issues... interest being paid on a monthly basis (1% per month).

Leave a comment:

• Pegasus
    replied
    Spoken with our Wealth Management dept, they've not come across these guys before but do deal with similar and the returns tend to be 8-15% depending on the projects. The usual disclaimers apply, value of investments can go up as well as down, not for everyone, etc but they can be a usual part of an investment strategy/plan.

Being a regulated firm, our guys did say that we couldn't deal with a company like this as they're not offering a regulated product.
    Thanks Darren.

Would it be possible to please name some of the similar products which are regulated and can offer 8-15%?
    (Please PM me if you prefer that)

Is it ok to invest company money directly in these products?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Pegasus
    replied

Thanks Darren.

Would it be possible to please name some of the similar products which are regulated and can offer 8-15%?
    (Please PM me if you prefer that)

Is it ok to invest company money directly in these products?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• CompulsiveArsonist
    replied
    And if anyone needs any further convincing, over on the Citywire forums is a bloke who put nearly half a million into an unregulated investment scheme. And guess what? He can't get access to his money.
    Unless you are directly involved with managing the project or personally know the individuals involved it is a massive gamble.

I have a small stake in a commercial to residential development project through family and I have some contractor friends who are interested in investing too but the only reason I would recommend it is that I know the other people involved and they have successfully completed other developments so they have experience. I also trust the fact that should any of the other partners need to put any additional money in they have the means to do so, everything is being done without any bank finance so there is no chance that the bank will repossess the property.

We need to spend money to cover the cost of business rates, insurance etc while planning permission for the residential conversion comes through. It may be the case that planning permission isn't granted, Plan B in that case would be to fill up the commercial offices with tenants increasing the yield for an investor and then selling up perhaps taking a small loss, or alternatively holding the property until we get something back through rental income so it is a risk and the money could potentially be tied up for some time.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied

And if anyone needs any further convincing, over on the Citywire forums is a bloke who put nearly half a million into an unregulated investment scheme. And guess what? He can't get access to his money.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Property Investment

Leave a comment:

Working...
X